Wasn't feeling up to par today so I was inside at the normal front yard time, the ladies started calling me, first time in months they have done this :love
In another couple of months when they yell every minute I am not outside I will feel different ;)
They have figured out the routine and went to work without me, I supervised from inside with making dinner.
20210304_203108.jpg
20210304_203127.jpg

While we didn't get any snow this year, the upside is being able to harvest a bunch of mustard greens for my soup pot :)
20210304_203221.jpg

Well, I have a visitor temporarily. While my daughter was riding Russ this evening I was alerted to a white chicken in the creek. Ok, I do not have a white chicken. Go inspect and sure enough, on the rocks is a white chicken, that at first I thought was dead. Upon closer inspection not dead, just very tired, didn't fight me when I picked it up. It's got some injury to its tail as it appears feathers have been ripped out but trying to inspect that I was clearly stressing it out. So I did what any reasonable chicken crazy person would do, stuffed it in my spare dog crate with food and water. I couldn't leave it, in its state it would be eaten by morning, but I do not want it out with my flock. I took a few pictures to share on facebook so hopefully it's owner can be found as it cannot stay. I'm thinking maybe its a rooster.
View attachment 2552626
View attachment 2552628
You are a wonderful soul!

Back
Top Bottom