I had a big day yesterday. 3 separate social calls adding up to about 4.5 hours of driving. :th 😴

I spoke to my Dad. He used to sit by the radio after dinner and embroider the table clothes and doilies to give to my Mum to encourage her to go out with him. Rather like a bower bird trying to impress the ladies come to think of it.🤔
He says that he bought the fabric with the designs printed on them and he would fill them in with embroidery.
His Mum, my Nana, would then crochet the lace for the border. She must have liked my Mum too. ☺️
One of the tablecloth + doily sets took him over twelve months. Now that's dedication!

Alice laid another egg today. I have put them both on another, much larger, doily to show off.
View attachment 2554382
Beautiful!

Photo Essay

Yesterday morning was so lovely. I got lots of quality time with the ladies and they were so happy. You can tell from the wonderful clucking they make. 🥰

I took blind photos, photos from odd angles and slow motion videos. Let's start with another slow motion. This one is Aurora eating.

How about some Hattie for all of Hattie lovers out there.
View attachment 2554394
View attachment 2554395

My new best friend Sansa. Her feathers crave sunshine. Spectacular.
View attachment 2554393
View attachment 2554392

How about a shadowy figure having a drink?
View attachment 2554390

My too black hens were enjoying snacks together
View attachment 2554389

Of course Phyllis always needs her own photo shoot anytime the camera is out.

View attachment 2554396View attachment 2554397View attachment 2554388

It was so warm yesterday I gave the cats a treat and opened my office window for them
View attachment 2554391
Wonderful photo essay!

I use a treadle feeder.... The wild birds haven't figured that out yet.

I was actually looking at them yesterday. Will maybe have to start saving my pennies...
Was it easy enough to teach them how to use it?
I use a treadle feeder too. It has been outside for years and is not much worse for wear.

It used to have a label on it that said "Chookateeria". It doesn't have adjustable openings like Ribh's, I just use a clothes peg to prop it open and make the opening smaller and smaller by moving the peg forward until the chooks get the idea.

I did put photo's up of him on facebook, and many of my local friends shared it as well. I will keep them up as my neighbor said that if his owner did step forward they could have him back. I'm relieved she took him though honestly though for as much as I felt bad for him, I'm not set up to properly isolate him and he is going to need some time alone to recuperate. And even though they couldn't get to him, Drumstick and Bumblebee knew there was a strange boy here and they were NOT happy. In their frustration of not being able to get to him, the boy's turned on each other. They are fine, Bumblebee mostly got his pride hurt, but it was the first time they got into a serious fight. They settled down yesterday after he left, and by nightfall the boys were snuggled up to each other on the roost so I hope it was a one time occurrence. Once the white boy is recovered he does have a treat waiting on him. He gets to join a flock of 8 ladies who have no rooster. He'll have 4 Black Australop and 4 Buff Orp girls. In a way I hope the owner doesn't step forward, Sara my neighbor has fallen in love with him already. Took a walk up the road yesterday while Rosie was riding and she stopped us. Had me come look at his hospital set up. She didn't wait to take him to the vet today, squeezed him in yesterday. He's on antibiotics for a week to prevent infection, got wormed just incase there were no other injuries to be found beside his tail. And his name is Chicken Little.
Awwww, that's lovely news RB.

The reason that I thought of putting posters up is because not everyone has/uses FaceBook. I don't. (I know, I'm in the dark ages. :oops:)

I have no idea who layed this monstrosity (egg on left). The one in the middle is what the Princesses normally lay and on the right is a Minnie’ mini contribution.
The one on the left is one ugly egg!
It isn’t the first sign of some deadly disease is it? :fl

View attachment 2555162View attachment 2555163View attachment 2555164
Deana used to lay enormous wrinkled eggs quite often. She is 5 years old now and hasn't laid an egg for several months thank goodness. I did help her along with personal lubricant and extra calcium supplement a few times as I thought she might be egg bound.
Her egg shells started getting really thin too.
How strong would you say the egg shell is?

Is it hard or squishy?

Very hard - feels like the shell is very thick.
SHRA
Tax including a Fluffy Butt for FBF
IMG20210215160324.jpg

I just returned from sending my great neighbor lady friend to hospital. Please pray friends that she’s going to be okay. 🙏 please

The doctor is keeping me informed. She’s stable. I need you peeps, as much she needs me thank you my beautiful friends
You are a good neighbour Alex.
Wishing her a speedy recovery. :hugs:hugs

Back
Top Bottom