Corid is a good idea if she’s puffed up. Make sure she’s warm. Could she have ingested bedding? Is her crop emptying?
Corid is a brand I think. I can't find it here. I have Amprolium coming & am using the vet stuff meanwhile. I don't think she's ingested bedding . Her poos have become more watery ~ not surprising as she's not eating ~ & her crop seems ok. The other chicks seem to be gathering round her to keep her warm & I have been cuddling her on & off to make sure she's warm enough. She's supposed to be off heat as I said I wouldn't take anything needing heat as I'm not set up for it. I can get her to a vet tomorrow if she lasts that long.

Corid is a brand I think. I can't find it here. I have Amprolium coming & am using the vet stuff meanwhile. I don't think she's ingested bedding . Her poos have become more watery ~ not surprising as she's not eating ~ & her crop seems ok. The other chicks seem to be gathering round her to keep her warm & I have been cuddling her on & off to make sure she's warm enough. She's supposed to be off heat as I said I wouldn't take anything needing heat as I'm not set up for it. I can get her to a vet tomorrow if she lasts that long.
First, I'm so sorry you are going through this and we are praying for both her and you. :hugs:hugs

I'm going to throw questions at you if that is OK to try and find anything that might lead in a direction. I hope that is ok.

Do you have them indoors or outside?
Did you notice any funny poos from the group before this happened?
How old is your chick food?
Any similar symptoms with your previous loss?
What is their bedding?
Have you been banging any grit for them?
Do you ever see any of the chicks shivering?
Do they have access to any plants or others things they could grab through the bars.
Did she every escape from her enclosure?

Especially for @Kris5902 and Mrs BY Bob, I present Ziggy the Wonder Goat.

A8C971D5-8D77-4BA9-BE2B-91C8EE75B78D.jpeg

Do you have them indoors or outside? Inside
Did you notice any funny poos from the group before this happened? No
How old is your chick food? Less than a week
Any similar symptoms with your previous loss? No
What is their bedding? It was wood chips. Now sugar cane mulch ~ all cleared for chickens with reduced dust
Have you been banging any grit for them? Not yet. I have grit if you think I should. They are just getting chick starter.
Do you ever see any of the chicks shivering? No
Do they have access to any plants or others things they could grab through the bars. No
Did she every escape from her enclosure? No

Spying on my Friends

I spent this morning spying on the girls with the cameras. I learn so much about their behaviors by doing this and caught some fun videos and interesting photos this morning.

Check out how clever Phyllis is. She has found a way to eat without the others pecking or chasing her away. She is eating in the photo. Can you find her?
View attachment 2559303

The next selections are from some video I collected while Aurora was laying her egg.

View attachment 2559306

This is Aurora actually laying her egg! Listen and you can hear it hit the floor of the nest box. She the rearranges all the eggs under her and sits back down. She would sit on those eggs for at least 6 minutes after laying them. I did not know that they did that. After Daisy, the greatest hen ever, laid her egg she just left the box.

Back on Thursday Lilly started complaining nonstop. This is they way she acts before she lays one of her rare eggs. Usually it is only the day before. I have not caught her on the nest yet. I hope that this does not wind up being an issue for her.

It is hard to be a dual purpose lady. Just a day after celebrating Hattie I am going to pick on her. I'm sorry but this is part of being a member of my tribe. Praise one minute lather at your expense the next.

In this video you will note the Hattie is so large that she boots out the sun! A total eclipse of the Hattie! 🤣

I'm in the study with the window open. The chooks are free ranging in the back yard. I'm watching your video with the sound turned way up to hear the sound of Aurora's egg drop. Your chooks are bawking loudly from the speaker. I hear answering bawking coming from the window. I look out and what do I see? Two little faces peering at me.

I had better watch out or soon Deana and Alice will be wanting to get on Beak Book to exchange gossip with your girls! 🤣

The view from my study window
Alice bottom right, Deana under the seat and Pepper hurrying to see what everyone is talking about.
IMG20210308155542.jpg

Calling experienced chickeneers:

the 2nd of my 4 wk old Wyandotte chicks is lethargic & not really eating or drinking. I have started treating her for cocci & syringed some egg yolk into her this morning. Only got 2~3 ml into her but I did get some electrolyted water into her as well. Anyone with ideas as to what might be going on & what I should be doing? Bedding is changed every day & kept dry. Water kept clean. I was using medicated feed but will change that if I start treating everyone for cocci.
I'm so sorry Ribh. :hugs Sounds like you are doing all you can.
Have you spoken to the breeder about it? Did she keep any of the other Wyandotte chicks from that hatch and has she had any problems?

So sorry you are having a bad run. :hugs

Just an idea Ribh. I used to put a hot water bottle or heated wheat pack wrapped in a towel for the chicks to perch on when they were small. It needs to be changed when it gets cold but it may help the little one warm her feet up if she is cold.

So today was a good day for all the chicks. The older ones spent about 5 hours outside playing. When I couldn't be right there to supervise them and keep them from getting in trouble they spent time in the dog house. They are full of themselves, and any chance they got when they spotted the big chickens they wanted to charge them. The little ones got to spend about a hour outside for the first time. No hesitation at all when I let them out of the box I packed them outside in. There was things to see and they had chicken stuff to do, who needs to stay in the box being scared. From now on after about 11 each morning when it warms up the big kids get to go outside for a few hours. And the little ones will get to spend at least a hour out as well. Its time to learn to be chickens.
I love this video where they discovered the leaf.
https://www.facebook.com/100003915274138/videos/pcb.2057716887702134/2057709461036210
https://www.facebook.com/100003915274138/videos/pcb.2057716887702134/2057711337702689
They found some bugs, I think they get a A+ in the pest control class.
https://www.facebook.com/100003915274138/videos/pcb.2057716887702134/2057713197702503

Back
Top Bottom