Clearly, you have won the cockerel lottery, as @Kris5902 once so eloquently put it! ;)
I didn't enter that lottery, can I return the prize. My problem is, I have a soft spot for the boys. I love my girls don't get me wrong, but the boys. They just manage to weasel their way into my heart like none of the girls can. And that sneaky boy in the older group that finally showed his true colors today. It is the friendliest one, and has been since day 1. I should have KNOWN it was a boy dang it.

So today was a good day for all the chicks. The older ones spent about 5 hours outside playing. When I couldn't be right there to supervise them and keep them from getting in trouble they spent time in the dog house. They are full of themselves, and any chance they got when they spotted the big chickens they wanted to charge them. The little ones got to spend about a hour outside for the first time. No hesitation at all when I let them out of the box I packed them outside in. There was things to see and they had chicken stuff to do, who needs to stay in the box being scared. From now on after about 11 each morning when it warms up the big kids get to go outside for a few hours. And the little ones will get to spend at least a hour out as well. Its time to learn to be chickens.
I just sent you a FB friend request, in case you were wondering who that was. You don’t have to accept it if you don’t want to. :D

View attachment 1633786

I have been wanting to do this for some time now. I knew once I started doing this there would be no going back. So I am now diving in and I hope you all enjoy coming along for the ride.

First of all let me tell you how we view our flock as that will help you to understand why we treat them like we do.

Our birds are our pets and we treat them as such. We do not care if someone is not laying eggs. They are welcome to stay at Fluffy Butt Acres until they pass naturally. (Now don't go telling them that! I would hate for word to get out) We do thoroughly enjoy the fresh eggs.

I plan to tell stories from the past as well as from today. I hope you all enjoy and will share stories of your flocks as well.
Holy Cow!! Our farm name is Fluff Butt Farms!! We have a Rhide Island Red we named Miss Fluff Butt, and then named the homestead after her. How cool... Greaat minds.

I bring you Elizabeth’s mug for Monday. She is very interested in what I have in my hand.
0C87B2B4-4823-47E2-8D27-5A81E584DF3C.jpeg

And sure enough, a minute later ....

34A3C89F-69C8-4F9C-8285-1877868A1C8A.jpeg

Full on chicken attack! :lau
Don’t worry, she got her breakfast.

Back
Top Bottom