Chicken Situation Falling Apart
So Creamsicle is looking pretty cockrel... Roosters are illegal here. I can't return Cream to my producer because he will 100% eat my child. If the time comes I don't want to sell to someone who will eat. Today I'm thinking of asking for another bird. But it still will be difficult because Cinna and Cream are so close. So this is my current mental natural disaster.
This is a difficult situation. Here there is a Facebook page where @CrazyChookChookLady has been able to rehome rooster's to people who wanted roosters not something to eat. Maybe there is something similar where you are. I enjoyed my 5 weeks with Ned but I always knew he could not stay.

You need to have to have 2 though to have a solid tribe so keep your chicken math in mind.

These are very difficult decisions and all part of being a chickeneer.

Yes, that's all correct! We also have 5 acres, the free range area & coop are on the back corner of our property! We planted the treeline in 1992 and a few of the others came later. We have fence surrounding about 2 acres around where our house sits. So, we tied into the original fence with the new 6' fence and also added more fencing to raise the height of our original fence line!

I was going to try and get a picture of it today, but I just didn't have time! This was from last year when we finished renovating the coop and had the free range pen finished! We actually built this coop and the enclosed pen over 20 years ago! I will try to get a better picture of the layout tomorrow. But it doesn't look as tidy as the below picture right now!
View attachment 2611828
Here's a bit of a view from the yard, looking at the garden!
View attachment 2611846
This is a picture taken from the gate this past winter!
View attachment 2611852
This setup looks great! Thank you.

Hi everyone, just spent a hour catching up. Its amazing how far you fall behind when you go the weekend without logging in. I'm so sorry Shad about lock's passing, she was a lovely hen. My neighbor had a visit by the police Saturday night when their party got out of hand at 2 am. Not that it did much good. I'm about at my wits end here, and their i'm praying temporary houseguests have only been here about 2 weeks. That little boy is now chasing my chickens in my yard so coops are being built and their free range time is going to have to be only when i'm able to be outside with them. He's focusing his attention on trying to chase Drummie and Bumblebee and I will NOT let him ruin my boys sweet temperament. When I ran him off for what felt like the millionth time today while me and mom were putting together one of the temporary pens he spotted Momma hen and her 2 babies. He made a beeline for the babies and I got to him just in time to take the hit in the back from momma hen. Another of the kids saw it and shouted to me loud enough so his "mother" could hear "You should have let her flog him, then he'll learn to stay out of your yard". I swear that woman didn't pick her head up until I had him at the steps demanding he stay out of my yard. His mom never said a word, but my actual neighbor replied, "I'm sorry, but he has problems and we are working on them."
Here is chicken tax for my little rant, the chicks that hatched last week.
View attachment 2611871
A :love for the baby chicks but the neighbor situation is more of a :he
Sounds like if you are keeping the chickens in for a while you also need locks so he doesn't let them out.
What a massively frustrating situation.
@featherhead007 will know better than me, but I assume letting your kid to run around your yard is some kind of trespass that would be worth reporting to the police as well.

Another mugshot Monday pic , and “rabbit, you are under arrest. That cabbage is for my chickens “! 69CF9AE3-A1E5-4D12-9441-A87D4897FD67.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom