Good morning RC! The first one is made of galvanized metal siding/roofing with wood uprights, we have 4 of these! The second one, my strawberry bed is the same metal with galvanized pipe uprights (I bought the pipe at an auction and got a pallet full at a great price) and a Redwood top, this one will probably last longer than the first one, but the first one's will last a long time too! If you would like more details, message me & I will be happy show some more on how we built them. :)
View attachment 2612491View attachment 2612492
Chicken Tax!
View attachment 2612503
They are beautiful as well as functional!

So clever. Of course, siding - now you explain I can see that! What a great idea and now you have got me thinking. 🤔
There are videos on YouTube! I have a materials list and plans that my husband drew out for my brother in law, his sister wants some too! Let me know if you would like the plans and I will be happy to share them with you, I also have a lot of pictures of our build process!

Bonus Mugshot Monday Chicken Tax! :D
20210412_084831.jpg

It was a Dark and Stormy Night........

As @CrazyChookChookLady and Josh pointed out last night, it was dark and stormy. So I fired up the camera and recorded the inside of the coop on a stormy night.

Let's talk about starting positions. When I did roost check, this is where everybody was.
View attachment 2612094

Sansa was already on the ground. I did not think a lot of this because every once in a while she sleeps on the ground or in a nest box. I became more interested in this later.

As the storms approached, I decided to go make a check on the coop. I wanted to be certain everything was locked down. As I made my way back to the house with lightning flashing in the sky, I heard a thump from the coop. Hattie had gotten off of the roost.

In this first video you will see Hattie laying on the coop floor looking out the window. This is a great 3 minutes of rain and thunder. It's actually kind of peaceful in a way.

This was only a prelude to the storms which will continue for several hours.

This next clip shows the reaction when the storm steps up the intensity a lot. It happens about 35 seconds in. Watch for everyone's reaction.

Hattie did not sleep while the storms will still going. I kept the camera on the whole time just to see. It seem that like many of humans, Hattie does not enjoy thunderstorms. I myself love them. 😁

Just look at what the storms did to my magnolia blossoms. 😥
View attachment 2612170
Fun video's of your girls Bob! 💗 So sad about your beautiful tree! :(

This setup looks great! Thank you.
You're welcome! The layout of your 5 acres sounds quite different from mine, but I wanted to share what we had done! It's nice as we don't have to move a chicken tractor around. We had a small one with our first flock...IMO it's a pain, but it works well for some! I hope you can come up with a good solution for your flock! 💗

It was a Dark and Stormy Night........

As @CrazyChookChookLady and Josh pointed out last night, it was dark and stormy. So I fired up the camera and recorded the inside of the coop on a stormy night.

Let's talk about starting positions. When I did roost check, this is where everybody was.
View attachment 2612094

Sansa was already on the ground. I did not think a lot of this because every once in a while she sleeps on the ground or in a nest box. I became more interested in this later.

As the storms approached, I decided to go make a check on the coop. I wanted to be certain everything was locked down. As I made my way back to the house with lightning flashing in the sky, I heard a thump from the coop. Hattie had gotten off of the roost.

In this first video you will see Hattie laying on the coop floor looking out the window. This is a great 3 minutes of rain and thunder. It's actually kind of peaceful in a way.

This was only a prelude to the storms which will continue for several hours.

This next clip shows the reaction when the storm steps up the intensity a lot. It happens about 35 seconds in. Watch for everyone's reaction.

Hattie did not sleep while the storms will still going. I kept the camera on the whole time just to see. It seem that like many of humans, Hattie does not enjoy thunderstorms. I myself love them. 😁

Just look at what the storms did to my magnolia blossoms. 😥
View attachment 2612170
Wow. That's unfortunate it took so much blossom. Your tree was looking wonderful.

Back
Top Bottom