Thanks! Tractors are a pain, but I don't mind at this point & appreciate the workout. I considered this aspect when I got this setup because I've been laid up in the past. I also wasn't sure where we would want things placed anyway if I did some permanent structure, so this allows some experimentation. The various parts and accessories can be configured several different ways, such as the coop without the tractor placed inside a larger run structure, either their expandable one or one you make, or attached from outside with or without it's little coop run. Lots of people do that, place it permanently, especially if they have a tiny yard.
I will be looking forward to seeing what you find will work best for you! 😊

Time to Fire Up the Way-Back Machine

It has been a while since we have made a trip back and visited some old friends. Let's take a trip back in time for some April Memories!

Mr. Peabody, let's set the way-back machine for April of 2019.

Back then, Aurora and Maleficent had only been with us a month but they had settled right in. I could tell already that Mal was special. When she wasn't mugging for the camera with her sister.....
View attachment 2613055
.........she was getting caught between the run and the outer fence! :eek:

View attachment 2613057

How about we go a little further back. Mr. Peabody, set the way-back machine for April of 2016.

This will be brief stop but there is one photo from this time that I just have to share. Here is the Fluffy Butt Acres brain trust planning their next move for the day.
View attachment 2613069

Let's jump forward a little bit. Mr Peabody, let's set the way-back machine for April of last year, 2020.

They say April showers bring May flowers. Luckily they were right and this ratty looking group really blossomed when May arrived. :gig

View attachment 2613076
View attachment 2613077
View attachment 2613078
View attachment 2613080
And of course, Poor Phyllis.
View attachment 2613082

Let's see if we can find some better weather Mr. Peabody. How about April of 2018? Let's set the way-back machine for then.

OOPS! I forgot what a month that was! First it started with this! :eek:
View attachment 2613088

On top of that, Daisy, the greatest hen ever, was nearing the end. She never stopped fighting. This photo would be one of the last times she was able to sprint accross the yard.

View attachment 2613089

She had started going to bed early and had stopped roosting. This photo was taken at 7:15 pm as I went to clean the coop. Daisy was already in bed. She would make it into May but no further.

View attachment 2613087

Let's try and remember happier times. Mr. Peabody, please set the way-back machine for 1 year prior to this, April 2017.

Here is Daisy in all her glory trying to mooch some potato chips from Mrs. BY Bob. She was the queen of squeezing food from humans! :D

View attachment 2613112View attachment 2613113View attachment 2613115View attachment 2613116

That's better. Now for one last trip. I warned you Mr. Peabody, did you oil all the gears, lubricate all the levers, and upgrade the processors and RAM like I asked?

OK, Good!

We are going back further than we ever have before. All the way back to BC. You know, the days "Before Chickens"! ;)

Set the way-back machine for 5 BC (2008).

chumma chumma chumma, hufft hufft, falump, chumma chumma chumma, hufft hufft, falump, chumma chumma chumma, hufft hufft, falump

I thought everyone could appreciate the back yard 6 years after the pool was put in and long before the feathered friends entered out lives. Check out this photo from April of 2008.
View attachment 2613176

Look how small the trees were. There were no grape vines. Frankly, hawks would have enjoyed dining on chickens in this environment.

Well Mr. Peabody, do you think think the way-back machine will be able to bring us home?

I guess we have no choice really. Set the way-back machine for April 2021.

chumma chumma chumma, hufft hufft, falump, chumma chumma chumma, hufft hufft, falump, screeee, chumma chumma chumma, hufft hufft, crunch, crunch, falump, screeee, chumma, glorp, chumma, crunch, chumma, hufft, screeeeeeee, hufft, falump, ssssssssss

Whoa! That was rough! Are we all the way back?

Looks like. Check out the backyard now!
View attachment 2613226

I think we are going to have to do some work on the way-back machine before we are ready for another trip. I hope everyone has enjoyed this one.
Thank you for the trip!

OMG, it’s still Monday and look what I just found!
A0290E90-0646-4151-924E-151B257DB7A5.jpeg

It has been a while since we have made a trip back and visited some old friends. Let's take a trip back in time for some April Memories!

Back then, Aurora and Maleficent had only been with us a month but they had settled right in. I could tell already that Mal was special. When she wasn't mugging for the camera with her sister.....
View attachment 2613055

View attachment 2613057

How about we go a little further back. Mr. Peabody, set the way-back machine for April of 2016.

This will be brief stop but there is one photo from this time that I just have to share. Here is the Fluffy Butt Acres brain trust planning their next move for the day.
View attachment 2613069

Let's jump forward a little bit. Mr Peabody, let's set the way-back machine for April of last year, 2020.

They say April showers bring May flowers. Luckily they were right and this ratty looking group really blossomed when May arrived. :gig

View attachment 2613076
View attachment 2613077
View attachment 2613078
View attachment 2613080
View attachment 2613082

Let's see if we can find some better weather Mr. Peabody. How about April of 2018? Let's set the way-back machine for then.

View attachment 2613088

On top of that, Daisy, the greatest hen ever, was nearing the end. She never stopped fighting. This photo would be one of the last times she was able to sprint accross the yard.

View attachment 2613089

She had started going to bed early and had stopped roosting. This photo was taken at 7:15 pm as I went to clean the coop. Daisy was already in bed. She would make it into May but no further.

View attachment 2613087

Let's try and remember happier times. Mr. Peabody, please set the way-back machine for 1 year prior to this, April 2017.

Here is Daisy in all her glory trying to mooch some potato chips from Mrs. BY Bob. She was the queen of squeezing food from humans! :D

View attachment 2613112View attachment 2613113View attachment 2613115View attachment 2613116

That's better. Now for one last trip. I warned you Mr. Peabody, did you oil all the gears, lubricate all the levers, and upgrade the processors and RAM like I asked?

OK, Good!

We are going back further than we ever have before. All the way back to BC. You know, the days "Before Chickens"! ;)

chumma chumma chumma, hufft hufft, falump, chumma chumma chumma, hufft hufft, falump, chumma chumma chumma, hufft hufft, falump

I thought everyone could appreciate the back yard 6 years after the pool was put in and long before the feathered friends entered out lives. Check out this photo from April of 2008.
View attachment 2613176

Look how small the trees were. There were no grape vines. Frankly, hawks would have enjoyed dining on chickens in this environment.

Well Mr. Peabody, do you think think the way-back machine will be able to bring us home?

chumma chumma chumma, hufft hufft, falump, chumma chumma chumma, hufft hufft, falump, screeee, chumma chumma chumma, hufft hufft, crunch, crunch, falump, screeee, chumma, glorp, chumma, crunch, chumma, hufft, screeeeeeee, hufft, falump, ssssssssss

View attachment 2613226

I think we are going to have to do some work on the way-back machine before we are ready for another trip. I hope everyone has enjoyed this one.
How on earth did you get Mal out from between the run and the fence??

View attachment 2613055

View attachment 2613057

View attachment 2613069

View attachment 2613076
View attachment 2613077
View attachment 2613078
View attachment 2613080
View attachment 2613082

View attachment 2613088

View attachment 2613089

View attachment 2613087

OK, Good!

View attachment 2613176

View attachment 2613226

Adored it, Bob! Thank you 💜💜💜
Lovely seeing Daisy, Patsy and Mal in their own time again.
That cheeky Mal, my Belle reminds me so much of her my heart swells. Sneak thief and so confident.

Sorry peeps, I have not been on here much today, I burned my hand really bad and needed hospital. :old :(
And it’s extremely painful to even text this on my iPhone. I have to use my (much slower) left hand. :(
Oh no, Alex! How did that happen? Are you ok?
A fire started at my stove behind a pan I was cooking bacon in. Some grease was present that I didn’t see. I grabbed the pan to remove it from the flame, but my hand was BBQ’d in the process. I’m okay, I’m tough, but this hurts like .... and I can only use my left hand for now. (And the pain, I can’t sleep) texting with my left hand isn’t fun

Back
Top Bottom