Chicken tax.
20170504_131017.jpg
20170504_130848.jpg

I really must make my kabok

Not so confident in the cow yogurt to be honest. The goat suits humans and animals far better as far as I know. But still a learner in life here
cow yoghurt is fine and if you can get live yoghurt it will give probiotics - those sachets from tractor supply have probiotics and electrolytes (different sachets - use both).

I don't have goats milk yogurt.
Just catching up here. I am not the world's biggest expert on this but I do have some experience and here is my view:
- Get Nutridrench or those TSC sachets that Bob shared ASAP - the most important thing with diarrhea is hydration and electrolyte balance - so sachets in water and make sure they are drinking.
- Next priority is energy - which is any food - but particularly quickly accessible carbohydrate. A bit of honey in the water would be a good start but if they are eating then this may not be a big concern. Honey in yoghurt is another approach.
- Then treat the cause - likely cocci - which is the Amprolium - which technically does not 'cure' cocci but makes it less invasive and able to do its thing so helps the chicken fight it better. Amprolium available at TSC.
- Then finally restore their intestinal balance which is where probiotics come in - the TSC sachets again or any live yoghurt.
Hope that helps. Hope they pull through.
:hugs

Just catching up here. I am not the world's biggest expert on this but I do have some experience and here is my view:
- Get Nutridrench or those TSC sachets that Bob shared ASAP - the most important thing with diarrhea is hydration and electrolyte balance - so sachets in water and make sure they are drinking.
- Next priority is energy - which is any food - but particularly quickly accessible carbohydrate. A bit of honey in the water would be a good start but if they are eating then this may not be a big concern. Honey in yoghurt is another approach.
- Then treat the cause - likely cocci - which is the Amprolium - which technically does not 'cure' cocci but makes it less invasive and able to do its thing so helps the chicken fight it better. Amprolium available at TSC.
- Then finally restore their intestinal balance which is where probiotics come in - the TSC sachets again or any live yoghurt.
Hope that helps. Hope they pull through.
:hugs
Thank You all so much! I lost a chicken Monday to bad vent prolapse, and really didn't want to lose my new ones too.

Back
Top Bottom