Is this a bit better for a FBF contribution?
I went for quantity over quality of FBs! :lau

F4FDDC75-9E66-40B9-8267-795D087A3BF4.jpeg

Queenie is tooting - wheezing a note - when she breathes (the out-breath I think) and when her head is upright. It's quiet when her head is down, pecking or eating. I've heard a couple of quick squeaks like a cough too. If she runs she's tooting and sort of growly breathing the other way until she catches her breath. She was quiet this morning, we came back from a walk and I heard it. She doesn't feel hot or look off color, shall I bring her inside and look down her throat? Of course I'm thinking some parasite in her airway, or a lung infection. I haven't yet got a poo sample. Need to stalk her for that....

https://youtube.com/shorts/i1LYQnBBtyI?feature=share

My girl's didn't get their spa treatment today it's too cold. But one definitely has bumble foot. So I washed their legs and feet with cider vinegar and salt then rubbed in some iodine. They'll have more iodine before going to bed tonight. If I see no improvement then I'll try the silver in a couple of days
Is it possible for you post a picture of her foot next time so that others can learn?

Happy Friday! I don’t have recent fluffy butt photos. Maybe after work. I tried to catch up before work, but couldn’t finish.

Happy to report both Ruby and Dorothy seemed pretty good this morning. Ruby, even though she’s a big girl, feels a bit fragile, however. Her tail is up and her voice is back, so I’m hopeful she’ll keep building strength. Dorothy’s body language was excellent.

Minnie and Sunshine both were slightly off as they have been on and off for weeks. I’ll be paying extra close attention this weekend. Will look for bugs and I’m considering worming the whole flock and possibly even treating for coccidiosis.

All in all, it’s a good day so far. I can’t wait to get home 9-10 hours from now! :)
That is much more positive than your previous update. Especially good news on Ruby and Dorothy. 👍

The chicken-level cameras are great for mug shots - I continue to believe they know the camera is a thing - they are constantly putting their faces up to it and adjusting their 'dos' like it is a mirror. But I rarely get a good fluffy butt picture from them. I am taking the rest of the day off work so I am going to try and get some FB pictures!
An excellent use of vacation time. 👍👍

Our third day if much needed rain..snow on the mountains. Sending a photo. Excuse the spot in the middle..lol..took the photo from my front window, and that first rain was dirty! Clean air..for now. View attachment 2619549
THAT’S your view!?!? Amazing!!!

Queenie is tooting - wheezing a note - when she breathes (the out-breath I think) and when her head is upright. It's quiet when her head is down, pecking or eating. I've heard a couple of quick squeaks like a cough too. If she runs she's tooting and sort of growly breathing the other way until she catches her breath. She was quiet this morning, we came back from a walk and I heard it. She doesn't feel hot or look off color, shall I bring her inside and look down her throat? Of course I'm thinking some parasite in her airway, or a lung infection. I haven't yet got a poo sample. Need to stalk her for that....

https://youtube.com/shorts/i1LYQnBBtyI?feature=share
Maybe this is "stridor", and hopefully due to something caught in her airway which will dislodge. I'm googling and looking through BYC to learn more.

Back
Top Bottom