Sharing Photos

On my bookshelves in my small library is the first microscope I ever had.
20210416_151508.jpg
20210416_151523.jpg

I share this because I noticed the 2 sets of prepared slides I had in the case when I took it down to look at just now. This gave me the opportunity to test something that I thought might work.

It was in response to @ChicoryBlue question regarding sharing of photos. I took this photo of of a slide with brine shrimp on it at 40x magnification by simply placing the phone camera lenses over the eyepiece. I had to have the shrimp centered but it did work. Check it out.
20210416_152328.jpg

Sharing Photos

On my bookshelves in my small library is the first microscope I ever had.
View attachment 2619836View attachment 2619837

I share this because I noticed the 2 sets of prepared slides I had in the case when I took it down to look at just now. This gave me the opportunity to test something that I thought might work.

It was in response to @ChicoryBlue question regarding sharing of photos. I took this photo of of a slide with brine shrimp on it at 40x magnification by simply placing the phone camera lenses over the eyepiece. I had to have the shrimp centered but it did work. Check it out.
View attachment 2619849
Mmm! Dinner :drool Sorry I’m just bored. And no Bob, I didn’t fly again today

OK. It's the positional piece that I missed. I meant in the middle of the video. Does she make that coughing sound they make when something is stuck in their throat?
Yes she cough-squeaked three separate times, in a higher pitch than I've heard any of the Buckeyes do. At that time it made no difference to the tooting.

Checked her again just now, she is not doing it like she was, I did hear it a few times but now it's more like part of her general vocalizations and it's not with every breath like it was before.

I put her on my knee briefly and her eyes and nares are clear and clean. She wasn't tooting then either even though gently keeping her on my knee did ramp up her breathing some which should have brought it out.

She made more normal sounds when really upright too, though the tooting was mixed in - I brought out some walnut pieces which got them all excited, she enjoyed those.

I feel relieved for the time being. You're probably right, it's a passing thing or a new part of her voice. Thank you. Will keep an eye on her.

Queenie is tooting - wheezing a note - when she breathes (the out-breath I think) and when her head is upright. It's quiet when her head is down, pecking or eating. I've heard a couple of quick squeaks like a cough too. If she runs she's tooting and sort of growly breathing the other way until she catches her breath. She was quiet this morning, we came back from a walk and I heard it. She doesn't feel hot or look off color, shall I bring her inside and look down her throat? Of course I'm thinking some parasite in her airway, or a lung infection. I haven't yet got a poo sample. Need to stalk her for that....

https://youtube.com/shorts/i1LYQnBBtyI?feature=share
I think it's more likely she has something stuck in her airway. Obviously I don't know, but with sicknesses there are usually other symptoms.
Treacle has been wheezing a bit for example but it's because he got a whack in the chest from Solomon. Tap wheezes sometimes because she eats to fast and bits of food go down the wrong tube.
It's almost impossible to do anything about stuff stuck in the airways without a vet visit. So far here, they have always cleared the obstruction on their own.

Back
Top Bottom