First of all, sometimes we have to make them angry. Good for you getting them out before the sun was up. Prefab coops really aren't designed for chicken removal at all. I remember that well.

Could have been the grass. Long pieces of grass can cause crop problems. Just to be safe I would make certain that they have access to plenty of grit but those long pieces can be tough.
They get grit from the garden but I will have to source some granite grit. Here it just seems to be shell grit they sell in bags which isn’t the same.

I tried it and she totally ignored it. :barnie

I will try again tomorrow maybe with those seed crackers they liked and cream cheese mixed together 🤔 the taste of those might mask the kilverm.

Why are they so wily 😉
At least today I got their weights, that’s something.
What is her favorite food? Maybe we can use that.

While at Tractor Supply get these also. Add the electrolytes to their water along with the Corid. We can add the probiotics later.View attachment 2619490
SHRA!!
IMG_20210410_174534309.jpg

I may have posted this same one before....

Oh gosh.. I don’t know.. I’ll have to try and look it up... I don’t keep track. It’s been raining for the last three days.. rained again this morning and will rain a bunch more tomorrow!
I’m actually looking forward to the next rain, I made a raincoat that’s almost floor-length and I’m keen to road-test it.

Thanks Shad.
I checked her crop at bedtime and it felt full. I’ll try catch her in the morning when I open up for them.I’ll be able to see in the morning what she’s pooped overnight also.
It’s a worming solution that goes in water, on my own I don’t think I can hold her and hold her beak open to give it to her. And then I keep reading about aspirating them and that freaks me out. Oh god, I’m hopeless...
Is it something I could do after nightfall, will she be easier in the dark to get out and dose direct?
I'm probably going to be guilty of SHRA but...if you are using the Kilverm, which seems to be the popular wormer out here, I have found it pretty ineffective. Ask your Vet for something. I don't know the name but my vet gives me pig wormer & it works super well. I'm doing my girls on Tuesday after I pick up the wormer from the vet so I will try & remember to ask what it is. Working with the girls after dark is always easier & Shad recommends putting any medication on bread or any treat they really go for. It works beautifully & it much easier than syringing. I have one girl who won't touch anything that has Baycox in it & I have to syringe her. She is a nightmare to deal with. All the best. :hugs

Dosage for 2 month pullets?
Corrid dosage? I gave it to you before. If you are going to try and direct dose it 0.1ml per pound. For the water put 2 teaspoons in 1 gallon of water. Make them drink only dosed water for 7 days. That is all the water they get, water with Corid in it.

Back
Top Bottom