They had a blast today with a clear blue sky after three days straight of rain. They found a dry spot in the run...dust bath time! View attachment 2622410View attachment 2622411View attachment 2622412View attachment 2622413
I would like to find a slow-motion film of chickens kicking in dustbathing. See the second picture form the top. How do they direct the stuff towards themselves, onto their backs? There must be a scooping and then a last-minute curling / fling of the toes in order to accomplish that!

I would like to find a slow-motion film of chickens kicking in dustbathing. See the second picture form the top. How do they direct the stuff towards themselves, onto their backs? There must be a scooping and then a last-minute curling / fling of the toes in order to accomplish that!
Challange accepted. Hopefully I can get one. You too @RoyalChick Let's see who can get one first!

I have noticed that Dotty is getting quite aggressive with me. She has been pecking my ankles for a while which is a bit painful but sort of amusing.
However, she has been escalating recently and went full on attack just now. I managed to grab her and hold her for a while - I thought maybe she needed to remember that I am the rooster in this tribe - she didn’t struggle, but once I set her down she took a chunk out of my thumb.
I hand fed some sunflower seeds but she would only take ones that fell to the floor.
Everyone else is behaving normally including Maggie who is super friendly to me (as long as I listen to her loudly expressed opinions) and also puts Dotty in her place quite often. Maggie did not however come to my rescue when I was under attack!
Any advice from my favorite peeps?
:idunno

Back
Top Bottom