How about designing one and getting it built for you. Prefab coops are from what I've seen are poor value in the long run.
Agreed. They don't really last very well. I have one I started with , which is now used for emergencies & quarantine but it is starting to fall apart.

Queenie is tooting - wheezing a note - when she breathes (the out-breath I think) and when her head is upright. It's quiet when her head is down, pecking or eating. I've heard a couple of quick squeaks like a cough too. If she runs she's tooting and sort of growly breathing the other way until she catches her breath. She was quiet this morning, we came back from a walk and I heard it. She doesn't feel hot or look off color, shall I bring her inside and look down her throat? Of course I'm thinking some parasite in her airway, or a lung infection. I haven't yet got a poo sample. Need to stalk her for that....

https://youtube.com/shorts/i1LYQnBBtyI?feature=share
If it's her breathing how about a little steaming. @Shadrach may have a few ideas.

I probably wont be able to get away with this as a FBF.:oops:
Too sweet to not post though. Cillin trying to get Fat Bird to give him a bit of a groom.
View attachment 2620047
Fat Bird was more interested in going for a sit on some eggs.
I'm very curious as to why she has taken so much interest in sitting in her more senior years. It's not like she hasn't had the opportunity in the past.
Maybe she knows that it's something she should have done.
View attachment 2620051
Sooooo sweet!

Finally! Grass has started growing and I rigged up a little area the Princesses could hang out in and destroy the new grass.
It isn’t yet very big and it doesn’t have shrubs to hide under, but they had fun and it allowed me to test out the temporary fencing I am planning on using when I plant the chicken garden. It seemed to work fine and I will do an outer electric one to keep the foxes away.
View attachment 2621613View attachment 2621614View attachment 2621615View attachment 2621616View attachment 2621617
Wonderful green! Great photos. :)

Back
Top Bottom