Ok, friends of BYC, I’m going to reveal something of myself and know I do it because I feel I need some non chicken related support.
I started smoking when I turned 18, so silly. I continued on until I found out I was pregnant with Vi at 31 and quit instantly.
I was smoke free for nearly 3 years (my husband still indulged) then the bakery we both worked at in Melbourne shut down so we made the choice to move back to Geelong where I grew up. The stress of it had me having one now and then once more which made me feel nauseous, like starting again.
We moved in with my parents for a few months so we could get a deposit together to buy a house(which we did) but damn, living with your parents again with a toddler and being the middleman between them and my husband took its toll.
I had gotten a pastry job in a wholesale bakery I absolutely hated but it paid the bills, anyway, somehow I was back to a smoker again much to my displeasure but by then the body craves what it craves.
Now I’m at the school, I obviously don’t smoke during work hours, but still either side I do and I’m just sick of it. I just turned 38.
Violet has never seen either me or my husband smoking but she’s getting old enough now that she will work it out eventually.
As of tomorrow, I am trying to quit cold turkey. I know it will be really tough but I am hoping I can stay strong and achieve the goal of not smoking again.
Wish me luck 🤗

chicken tax
View attachment 2631006
You have done it before so you know you can do it again. You need to have faith in yourself. Just think of all the money you will have to spend on Vi and your future. Maybe set up a spear bank account and place the money you would spend on cigarettes in there every week. Watching that grow might help to motivate you.

I really need @Grammy60 to tell me when it is Friday, but judging by everyone’s posts I am going for it anyway.
Happy FBF from my 3 big Princesses.
CB479720-7AB2-4E83-BCAE-9DC1A09EB30D.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom