Bob, I've been trying to figure out how to do a polish hen's fluffy hair do. You will be first to know if I succeed. (I've been saving photos of Phyllis for inspiration 😉)
How did you know that is what I would request? I will pray for you to be inspired.

Yes, we have seen the palace and gardens but I never knew she had a pool. I feel like I have no idea what her property is really like now. Is she hiding a barn from us? Who knows? :confused:
Oh yes I do have a barn. The whole place is actually a collection of farm buildings some of which were converted into a house. It is a deeply eccentric place which I love with all my heart but by far the best is the outdoor space which I have spent 15 years planting and tending and which in about a month will be an untamable jungle.

Most ducks go about 28 days Muscovy's are about 35 days. Ducks tend to be slow moving and can really try one's patience.
Oh good grief I am not sure my nerves can handle 35 days of this.
I was out first thing to check she survived the night.
One less worry is that it is ok if there is nothing for her to eat - Mallards don't usually eat when they are sitting on a nest apparently. They store up fat in advance.
But of course after learning that I then worried about the babies and what they will eat if they get to hatch.
I know, they probably won't hatch, and if they do they will probably be gobbled up by the fox.
I have to stop worrying about them all!

I need to learn how to microwave bacon. I’m not going near a frying pan with hot bacon grease bubbling up in it! :mad:
chick tax:
58018DB7-ED1A-4E9D-A40B-A86E8342A7D6.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom