Oh and forgot some of the most exciting news. Found out Friday that even though the barn and horse ring is still for sale, they have made arrangements for the horse shows to start back up. The first show is the 22nd of this month. Rosie can barely contain her excitement and even though she's been riding Russ almost every day I'm now having to drag her off him at night. She's determined to have him ready for that first show of the season.
Awesome news! And such a cute chick!!

Monday Mugs ahoy!
5F83F6FE-59AD-4D2A-A941-84FAC7F3432F.jpeg
AA3A2926-BD99-4CAA-AD97-D67C758A1FC6.jpeg
906162DF-CFC0-4A24-87C1-BD1B3E67D9F3.jpeg
6167A6C3-F49B-4FB1-8813-88C4D750E33F.jpeg

Hi everyone. Hope all the momma's out there had a wonderful Mother's day today. Been a busy week so stayed off byc for the most part. School is finally almost done for Rosie, one more test to go and its pretty much over. My Sister graduated yesterday with her associates in Science and Radiology. There was some to me very sad changes with the chickens this week. As you all know my Blue Marans girls will arrive around the first of July. In order to keep my numbers under the insane chicken lady level I knew i'd have to place some of my existing chickens. I'd been dragging my feet about it and then Bumblebee became a snot. That spurred me to place a few adds of him, his 2 sisters and bread. The next day I had someone come take the 3 girls. He wanted Bumblebee but couldn't take him as he lived in the city limits which has a no rooster policy. 2 days later, I had someone want Snickers and her baby, so I sent them to a wonderful home. Now at this point I was worried no one would want Bumblebee but that changed this morning. I had a guy show up to pick up 8 of the 4 week old chicks. He had his wife with him. Bumblebee struts up to her and lets her pick him up. She starts gushing over how gorgeous he was and I mentioned he was available as well. That is all it took, she tells her husband he's sold and marches back to the truck with him still in her arms. When they left he said he may be back later in the week for some more of the 4 week olds, he just needs to build another partition to his existing coop first. Butter is doing amazing. Today since I didn't have to hover over her to protect her from Bumblebee I let her out for almost 2 hours while I did horse and chicken chores. I kept her in eyesight at all times but she was all over the yard. She still has a limp, and every 15 minutes or so had to rest but is improving so much faster then I thought she would. One of the best gifts today was the surprise I woke up to. Clover had went broody on me. She chose to start sitting at a bad time for me as I was dealing with Snickers and then Bunny hatching, taking care of the then almost week old babies and the start of Butter's rehab. So I forgot to write down the date she started sitting. In fact I didn't even count how many eggs were under her until she was about a week in. I knew she was getting close but was thinking maybe the middle of this week. Went out this morning to feed and let the littles out and as soon as I step outside I hear it. That distinct newly hatched cheep. Walk over and lift her up and there is a maybe hour old chick. Last check about 30 minutes ago she was up to 4 chicks with 3 more pipped. If they all hatch she'll have a total of 9. I've left her be for the most part today but I did snap these 2 pictures when her first one came out to greet me.
View attachment 2660992View attachment 2660993
New babies on mothers day! How apropos. :wee:wee

Oh and forgot some of the most exciting news. Found out Friday that even though the barn and horse ring is still for sale, they have made arrangements for the horse shows to start back up. The first show is the 22nd of this month. Rosie can barely contain her excitement and even though she's been riding Russ almost every day I'm now having to drag her off him at night. She's determined to have him ready for that first show of the season.
Outstanding. I'm so happy for her. :clap :clap

Not sure if you were with us Marie, the last time I posted this. :D

View attachment 2660294
That's about right. I can talk to the other critters but there is no reasoning with a nesting magpie.

I have to share this video again for those who weren't here the first time. You need the sound on.

Back
Top Bottom