I waited and waited for that blue egg. Caught her getting ready to lay that first egg. She looks as perplexed as I was! 😅
Screenshot_20210504-142826_Facebook.jpg

When it rains it pours...

I have been in the hospital since Thursday afternoon. Not for myself, I'm fine, but for Rich.

For the past week he has not been feeling well. He had diarrhea, fatigue, chills and shakes. His family doctor ordered some blood work and sent us home. Thursday morning he started vomiting. Vomiting for him is usual from his GERD and once he startes he can't stop without fluids and meds from the hospital.

When Thursday afternoon came and he couldn't even keep a sip of water down, I finally said enough is enough and got him ready to go to the ER.

On the way down to the hospital he was almost unresponsive and extremely pale. That is not normal for him. Hospital security had to get him a wheelchair and get him out of the car to get into the hospital. Once inside a nurse came out, took one look at him, and took him straight back. He keep saying he was in so much pain and freezing cold.

He had about 6 or 8 people all over him. Every one thought he was having a heart attack. Thankfully that was not the case. What did happen is they found a disection of his mesenteric artery. We were quickly told that a surgeon would be in to talk with us soon. We were told that rich would need to be transferred to a different hospital because they don't do that surgery at our local hospital.

About a hour later the surgeon was back and said that they were going to treat him with blood thinners instead of surgery because the tare in the artery is on the inside and very small.

He's been on IV heparin since last night and now they are switching him to Coumadin. He'll be in the hospital another night at least until they can get his levels shorted out.

He was still pretty unstable an in a lot of pain so I refused to leave him. I spent the night "sleeping" in a very uncomfortable chair. We finally were moved into a room and I have a lovely recliner to sit in but I can't stay all night today. They are making me leave at 9pm and that's probably not a bad thing, I am exhausted.

Chicken tax
20210513_123317.jpg

I have been in the hospital since Thursday afternoon. Not for myself, I'm fine, but for Rich.

For the past week he has not been feeling well. He had diarrhea, fatigue, chills and shakes. His family doctor ordered some blood work and sent us home. Thursday morning he started vomiting. Vomiting for him is usual from his GERD and once he startes he can't stop without fluids and meds from the hospital.

When Thursday afternoon came and he couldn't even keep a sip of water down, I finally said enough is enough and got him ready to go to the ER.

On the way down to the hospital he was almost unresponsive and extremely pale. That is not normal for him. Hospital security had to get him a wheelchair and get him out of the car to get into the hospital. Once inside a nurse came out, took one look at him, and took him straight back. He keep saying he was in so much pain and freezing cold.

He had about 6 or 8 people all over him. Every one thought he was having a heart attack. Thankfully that was not the case. What did happen is they found a disection of his mesenteric artery. We were quickly told that a surgeon would be in to talk with us soon. We were told that rich would need to be transferred to a different hospital because they don't do that surgery at our local hospital.

About a hour later the surgeon was back and said that they were going to treat him with blood thinners instead of surgery because the tare in the artery is on the inside and very small.

He's been on IV heparin since last night and now they are switching him to Coumadin. He'll be in the hospital another night at least until they can get his levels shorted out.

He was still pretty unstable an in a lot of pain so I refused to leave him. I spent the night "sleeping" in a very uncomfortable chair. We finally were moved into a room and I have a lovely recliner to sit in but I can't stay all night today. They are making me leave at 9pm and that's probably not a bad thing, I am exhausted.

Chicken tax
View attachment 2669862
Oh, I am so sorry. Give Rich all the best from us. :hugs

Chicken tax
View attachment 2669862
Oh my goodness! Hugs for you and Rich :hugs
my thoughts are with you, hopefully things keep looking up for his condition 💜

Oh, I am so sorry. Give Rich all the best from us. :hugs

Chicken tax
View attachment 2669862
This is terrible! I mean, I'm glad you got him to the hospital and they figured out the problem, but holy cow!
Get some rest, sweet lady. Let the professionals care for him and make him healthy again. :hugs:hugs:hugs

In some ways it's easier. I started with 5 & now have 23. 23 is waaay easier. I have 3 or 4 sub groups but my girls find it easier to get along with more of them. I went under 10 chickens for a while & the girls squabbled about everything. Now it's more choices for friendships & protection & there's a lot of flux as the girls move around the yard. I also had a standard frizzle who was fairly dominant with my older girls so introducing small frizzles & odder looking birds has not presented problems. My girls are used to strange... 😆
I like to keep a few group of friends myself...variety is nice :highfive:

Back
Top Bottom