Oh! AND I killed a couple when I did not harden them off properly, so I'm extra paranoid. That's when we had the cold snap with frost followed by a heat wave. I had to toss a couple, because their stems rotted. I still have three on the front step I'm trying to save. I don't need them, but it's fun to learn. If they come around, I'll give them away. I know lots of people who like to grow tomatoes. :)
Lol...we seem to have "cold snaps" on the regular here, so I guess acclimation is really only so they understand what sunshine is.

Okay...okay...I'm exaggerating....a little.

It's only my second year, but that's kinda how I roll. When I get into something, I get REALLY into it; I can't help myself! LOL!
Oh...I meant to say, totally get the newness and being all gung-ho about it.
Now...well now my gardening attention span is short. And that's after investing into an indoor set up with lights and timers and heirloom seeds and whatnot at the beginning of the pandemic.

My electric bill went up considerably and I had to rethink if I wanted to pay $87.63 for a side salad.

I mean it was tasty and probably worth $90....but still.

Well Holly is set, but I'm not sure I will be holding my breath on the silkie eggs. They told me they had been storing them properly in a egg carton and rotating them. Great, but when her son delivered them to me she sent them in a ziplock bag. Most of them were also dirty, I cleaned them with a dry paper towel and got most of the poop off. She had written dates on all but the 3 she got today and yesterday, the oldest was laid may 2. That puts it at 14 days which is really pushing it. Since Holly is not evil I will candle them at day 7 and see what happens. These eggs are also tiny, half the size of my game hens egg. Due to me doubting the silkie's I went ahead and gave her one of henrietta's as well giving her 10 total.

Back
Top Bottom