Such a pretty lady! šŸ˜
And she is turning into a lap chicken (well sort of). When I sit out in their garden with them I get visitors - they tend to jump onto the arm of my chair or onto the little table that is by the chair.
Dotty jumps up to peck me.
Maggie jumps up to talk to me (yell at me).
And Minnie jumps up just to be with me. I love it so much that she does that. Yesterday she seemed keen on me gently stroking her throat between her wattles and she just settled in and sat with me for a while.

That is a nice idea but I am not sure Minnie is the sharpest knife in the drawer. :lau
A little like my princess
20210608_203546.jpg

H
Hi all. It's been a while. Still having sad days, but the children have been so wonderful. Thankful for the his, mine, and ours! They have surrounded me with love and help. Thankful for them. I'm not alone, thank the Heavens. Our son and wife..and cute little two year old is living here. I think I shared that a while back. I'm going to go back a bit and check posts..two pages I think. šŸ˜Š
Having loved ones around helps on your journey. The hardest part is now. It will slowly get better, in ebbs and flows, on your own pace. :hugs Hang in.

So many things would weigh into this for me starting with where I was mentally after what just happened.

What chicken experience are you looking for? Do you want to raise them from little chicks? If so, I would not compromise and would look for chicks that I could raise. It can be hard to find what you want.

As to whether I would use this breeder again. I suppose with the knowledge that I needed to medicate them immediately I might.

I hope that helps. :hugs :hugs
Question: If she gets pullets loaded with cocci, and they go through the stress of travel and a new place, would medicating them immediately be enough to keep them alive? Maybe my question is would it be medicating to treat versus medicating to control? Do a test upon receipt?

Back
Top Bottom