The farm should NEVER & I mean NEVER be allowed to keep chickens again! :mad:
It would require someone to report them. I would think Canada would have issues with this, but maybe not. "They are just chickens", as most of public would say. 😥

Happy Friday from Hattie

She does not normally get up on anything. I was lucky to catch this yesterday.
20210617_161040.jpg

Is the pdf visible?
I have the amprolium Corid 20% Soluble Powder, so the liquid instructions don't work. I kept this chart from the manufacturer back when everyone was chicks, figuring I would go by the "Water Tank Mixing" ratio of 1/3 tsp to 1 gallon of water. Since doing 1/3 tsp is hard and I don't have a grams or ounce scale (I should get one, what kind is good?) I would make 3 gallons and do 1 level teaspoon (prevention), throwing out the old mixed water after a couple of days and making it fresh again. Does this jive with your current information?

This was with non-medicated chick starter supplemented with protein every day and a little later non-medicated high-protein game bird feed.

Here is the dosage section updated to include the 20% powder.

The Poultry DVM recommends a therapeutic dose of 0.024% in water to reach therapeutic levels. If you are utilizing Corid 9.6% liquid solution, that would be 2 teaspoons per gallon of water. If you are using Corid powder (20%), it is 1.5 teaspoons of powder. Treat for a minimum of 5 up to 7 days. This must be their only source of water for those 5 days. No rain puddles etc.

After the initial dose taper to 0.012% for another 5 to 7 days. That would be 1 teaspoon of liquid per gallon of water or 3/4 teaspoon of powder.

If you are going to use Medicated feed at the end of the second treatment you can switch them to medicated feed and you should be fine.

If you are NOT going to use medicated feed, you need to switch to a final tapering dose of 0.006% for 7 days. That would be ½ teaspoon of liquid per gallon or 1/3 teaspoon of powder.

NOTE: I also went back to the original post and updated it to include this info.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom