So I’m not quite caught up and have had lots going on. In addition to my (mildly) high blood pressure, I’ve had three recent episodes of a crazy, racing, pounding heart. Saw the doc. At her request/recommendation, bought a mobile EKG-at-your-fingertips device, managed to capture some recordings of my racing heart and sent a couple to her. A cardiologist reviewed them and confirmed her suspicions. I have Supraventricular Tachycardia and started on meds tonight. As a bonus, the meds prescribed for the tachycardia should also lower my blood pressure. Woohoo!

Tax
View attachment 2731080
You are not alone in the high blood pressure department!:hugs

Good morning :)

Would anyone have any advice on how to keep slug out of the coop. I use the earth clay but they are still coming in. I thought of a metal copper strip but read that this can poison the birds as they are attracted to shiny things. Will try a can of beer later but how to keep the girls out of that is going to be another problem. I don't need raging drunk hens :he
Slugs? First, you drink the beer. Second , put a line of defense using diatomaceous earth (DE) around the whole coop.
third, have another beer
:gig:lau

Slugs? First, you drink the beer. Second , put a line of defense using diatomaceous earth (DE) around the whole coop.
third, have another beer
:gig:lau
Note: I do not advocate drinking, but (if you don’t buy it, then you won’t have to drink it) only a slug would like beer anyways. :lau

The new chicks have arrived, 3 silver based, one brown, and one white. All are identified by their color. Amongst the silver there is silver, splotchy silver, and owlface. One of the chicks looks like a little barn owl with a white face and silver head. All are moving around and are energetically eating.
IMG_20210623_064536847.jpg
IMG_20210623_064540815.jpg
IMG_20210623_064756240.jpg
IMG_20210623_064810633.jpg

Noticing lately how roosting problems/shenanigans are way down since Queenie passed. The Buckeyes grew up together, and that's an advantage. Though Queenie was really only about four months roosting with them, not much time to get things really sorted with a new hen close to the same age as the established group. I think only once now has one or more Buckeye been found locked out by the automatic door at check time (but on the perch and still inside the pretty secure little run).
That makes sense. They have known each other quite some time. If mine are any indication they have a spot and go there first.

I took a picture of the morning shenanigans. Josh and Scooby have races every morning up the stairs, into my bedroom and up the kitty tree! They then run all over that leap down and race back downstairs only to start it all over again!

View attachment 2730508

Scooby is in the bottom tube, just his tail is sticking out...🤣
I love when mine do that. 🥰

Back
Top Bottom