1626907502265.jpeg
1626907524016.jpeg
1626907544333.jpeg

I don't know what their deal was with it and the big mower was yesterday. It was not the first time they saw it, maybe it was just the first time without Holly keeping them far away. I'm going to try everything possible to keep these little rascals. I know I called them weird looking chickens before they hatched, but, in 6 short weeks I can see why people love them. They are comical in their actions and behaviors. When I call them to me from a distance they don't come flying like the others. They come bouncing and hopping like a bunny. They are flapping their little wings, but, they are useless. I have 2 hens that I really need to watch out for and see how they behave towards them. Henrietta and Daisy tried to bully them with they were still with Holly. To be honest, Henrietta who can be a grouch with other chickens, really worries me. She's #2 on the pecking order and when momma hen is gone will be the top hen. I dread that day and she already upholds her spot with authority, towards everyone. In a way she's very similar to BY Bob's Aurora. If they can learn to avoid and co-exist with them, it should be ok. But then, if Henrietta its mad at you, she will actively seek you out to dole out punishment as she see's fit.
Another number two hen with excessive aggression! This really is a pattern.

just do it to taste,, I am glad you are trying it out, I do feel good, no headache, I had my hot water when I got up at 6, and now I am having a cup of decaf. I am sleeping longer and better, I made decaf ice tea with mint from my garden yesterday.
for me, its been a good thing.
One of my favourite hot drinks is plain hot water, I find it surprisingly soothing!

Someone Fills in for BY Bob

I was out of town on Monday and needed someone to fill in for me and remove Phyllis from the nest. I thought right away of @CrazyChookChookLady but she is dealing with a new job and I knew it would be a long trip for her. I also knew she would do it any way and I knew I could not impose.

What other choices did I have? 🤔

We have been to encourage one other couple of our circle of friends to get chickens and so we thought of them. Now, just like here, the lady of the house wanted the chickens and it seems the husband had become responsible for them. He blisters to me everytime we see them about all the work we created for him. "She doesn't even collect eggs anymore!" I've always thought that his a soft side of him towards them.

Well as luck would have it, I was checking in on Phyllis as JD arrived to take her off the nest. Listen to the old softie talk to everyone!

Why are videos not available today? I really wanted to see this one so I took the video ID out of the MEDIA tag and fed it into YouTube's search and hey presto! Bob's video came up.

He is a very sweet man! Lots of chicken talk to help Phyllis get settled into her water and food routine.

I just love this idea.

Deana says don't ride in the back of a pickup truck. You don't have wings like a chicken so you can't land safely if something goes wrong like I do.
Deana says when you're in Australia, remember all snakes are venomous. And the platypuses. And some plants. But don't worry because everything else is merely vicious with sharp teeth, so you'll be fine!

Back
Top Bottom