Wow you are very observant MJ. Yes, that ladder used to be how they got in and out of their chicken door but they never really liked it and it is very long so it took a lot of space making it tricky for me to move around.
So, we built them a staircase, and I moved the ladder out to the run where they use it all the time!
Now the ladder is getting a snazzy coat of blue paint to match the staircase and the chicken doors.
I know, I have gone over the top again.
In my defense, it is a Palace!

View attachment 2771586
You don't have to defend yourself, I love fancy chicken houses!

Sansa says. YUMMY!

20210723_220823.jpg

Four butts at once! Love it!

Ok, I just have to share. When I had my first chicks who quickly became young pullets, I was fascinated by their butt fluff. Being a newb, I didn’t even know that was a thing. I would take photos, and my hubby thought it was totally bizarre. I’m so glad to not be alone in that department!!!

Four butts at once! Love it!

Ok, I just have to share. When I had my first chicks who quickly became young pullets, I was fascinated by their butt fluff. Being a newb, I didn’t even know that was a thing. I would take photos, and my hubby thought it was totally bizarre. I’m so glad to not be alone in that department!!!
In honor of Fluffy Butt Friday, my first four fluffy butts:

Margo
1D93A6C5-77FB-47DA-951A-16B4EADB1789.jpeg

Bagheera
7BC0A259-8E4C-4066-93AB-EAE68312AB0D.jpeg

Bridgette (Bridge)
24AC8FE3-9432-4DD2-BC27-D3C28FC0EEDD.jpeg

Rusty
9C839FE0-D741-4DAA-9DB6-52B2B8DF38AE.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom