Mugs Monday from the chick who keeps on fighting. She has resumed eating on her own.View attachment 2774321
I am so excited! That is fabulous news! What a fighter. :clap :clap

One thing I was thinking of was giving her nutridrench every day for a week. It would build up her vitamins and give her energy. Do you have some to give her?

Family sticks together
IMG_20210726_131216928.jpg

Well, there is a new development in Blueberry becoming super friendly. She is loving everyone, even mom and that caused a problem last night. Butter is apparently insanely jealous if mom is holding another chicken. It all started innocent enough, we had given everyone their nighttime treats and were sitting on the back steps enjoying the evening. Blueberry comes up and at first settled into my lap, but after a few minutes hopped over into moms. At this point Butter who had been on the creek bank scratching away starts staring, and the second Blueberry settled down she came angrily charging. Blueberry ended up on top of mom's head while she's holding back a angry Butter who is still trying to go after her. I grabbed Blueberry off mom and Butter instantly calmed down and sat in her lap. Blueberry once again settled into my lap and they spent 10 minutes resting staring at each other. When Blueberry would stretch her neck out to touch mom, Butter growled, if mom reached over to pet Blueberry, Butter growled. When Blueberry hopped down to head to the roost, after a minute Butter followed. Once everyone was on the roost for the evening, where is Blueberry? Why she's snuggled right up to Butter as if nothing had happened just a hour earlier.
See Bob! These are the kinds of goings on I was talking about on Ribh’s thread 🤣..... Chickens be crazy!!

It is Time to go Way-Back Again

Mr Peabody I believe that we need to take a trip back again. Could you please fire up the way-back machine and let's go back to 7/25/17.

chumma chumma chumma, hufft hufft, falump, chumma chumma chumma, hufft hufft, falump, chumma chumma chumma, hufft hufft, falump

The Big 3 were getting up from one of their first nights in the new big coop. Daisy, the greatest hen ever, was so anxious to get her day started that she could not wait for the door to open all the way. Lilly was clumsy getting down even then.

This is just a quick stop over. Let's hop back another year to 7/25/16.

chumma chumma chumma, hufft hufft, falump, chumma chumma chumma, hufft hufft, falump, chumma chumma chumma, hufft hufft, falump

It was pouring this day.
20160725_183248.jpg

But is was so warm that The Greatest Hen Ever was having none of that coming in out of the rain. Eventually Patsy and Lilly would join her.
20160725_200749.jpg
20160725_193257.jpg
20160725_193236.jpg

Shake it out Daisy!
20160725_193329.jpg

The day sure ended beautifully though.

20160725_203737.jpg

OK Mr. Peabody. That day has ended. Let's jump back one more year.

This is 7/25/15, 6 years from the present. Daisy was just a young pullet and Elphie was having none of her sharing the roost with her. Elphie thought that Daisy could just roost outside for all she cared.

Look closely and you can see Elphie on the roost inside. Just look at how the area has developed from just the prefab coop and run.
2015-07-25 20.27.46.jpg

That was a fun visit. Let's bounce forward a few years. Please set the way-back machine for 7/25/18.

Whew! that was a bit of a leap but here we are. I chose this day for a special reason. Watch as Hattie and Jabberwocky have pasta for the very first time. Just look at that cute baby Hattie. Those little peeps. I am getting so excited to hear them again when Phyllis tiny brood arrives next week.

Well the time is getting late. I think we should return to the present.

Thanks so much for the trip Mr. Peabody. The way-back machine worked flawlessly. We will see you again soon.

It is Time to go Way-Back Again

Mr Peabody I believe that we need to take a trip back again. Could you please fire up the way-back machine and let's go back to 7/25/17.

The Big 3 were getting up from one of their first nights in the new big coop. Daisy, the greatest hen ever, was so anxious to get her day started that she could not wait for the door to open all the way. Lilly was clumsy getting down even then.

This is just a quick stop over. Let's hop back another year to 7/25/16.

It was pouring this day.
View attachment 2774326

But is was so warm that The Greatest Hen Ever was having none of that coming in out of the rain. Eventually Patsy and Lilly would join her.
View attachment 2774328View attachment 2774329View attachment 2774327

Shake it out Daisy!
View attachment 2774330

The day sure ended beautifully though.

View attachment 2774331

OK Mr. Peabody. That day has ended. Let's jump back one more year.

This is 7/25/15, 6 years from the present. Daisy was just a young pullet and Elphie was having none of her sharing the roost with her. Elphie thought that Daisy could just roost outside for all she cared.

Look closely and you can see Elphie on the roost inside. Just look at how the area has developed from just the prefab coop and run.
View attachment 2774339

That was a fun visit. Let's bounce forward a few years. Please set the way-back machine for 7/25/18.

Whew! that was a bit of a leap but here we are. I chose this day for a special reason. Watch as Hattie and Jabberwocky have pasta for the very first time. Just look at that cute baby Hattie. Those little peeps. I am getting so excited to hear them again when Phyllis tiny brood arrives next week.

Well the time is getting late. I think we should return to the present.

Thanks so much for the trip Mr. Peabody. The way-back machine worked flawlessly. We will see you again soon.
I just looooove the sound of those baby peeps💕❤️😍

Back
Top Bottom