New trial with my turkeys and rooster. My Bramha rooster and my two Tom's are starting to fight. I just stood there and watched to make sure the turkeys don't kill my rooster. Obviously it's two against one. I got scared and picked up my rooster to get it to stop but he wasn't having any of that. As soon as I put him back down on the ground he went after the turkeys again. So the watching continued. The turkeys hit the rooster a few times with there wings and tried to use a bit of feet action but they used there wings more then anything. My rooster was not impressed with there ninja skills. So he showed the two turkeys what a real ninja looks like. It was amazing. The rooster knocked both of them on there feathery butts and the turkeys came running to me to protect them. 😁 was funny in away. Anyway the turkeys backed down and now know not to mess with Roscoe the rooster. Thor and Odin the turkeys are giving Roscoe his dew respect 👏.
It's good they can sort things out with no one getting hurt. 👍

Wow, that is insane. Have you thought of deploying a patio umbrella to give the whole complex more shade?
Over this summer I have really grown to appreciate how fortunate I am that the Chicken Palace is situated in some quite good shade from a tulip tree - it seems to be worth about 10 degrees which is amazing.
It used to be a lot better but the front side of the birch tree has died off and the coop is no longer shaded as late in the day. It is not normally a problem as no one is in the coop during that part of the day. Phyllis setting makes it a bigger problem.

I got a fan (not a misting one) but can't figure out how to use it. Doesn't yours stir up a lot of dust?
Whenever Maggie does one of her 'see I can fly too' imitations there is a lot of dust and when the Roadrunners actually fly for real there are clouds of it. I am struggling to see how I can get the benefit of a fan without a dust cloud.
Maybe the mister is the key and I should get one of those. I like the fan a lot and have it on me when I sit out in the chicken yard with them but I haven't actually used it for the Princesses yet.
:idunno
There is no dirt in my coop. It has a solid floor. So no dust from the floor. The window fan blows up through the coop not directly at the straw in the floor. I put the missing fan on the roost so it also does not blow on the straw. Remembering that the air up higher is hotter, I am cooling that so it sinks to the floor. I think that will be the most efficient way to cool the coop.

Back
Top Bottom