This one is looking pretty good now.
Fluffy Butt clean.
4DBB0DF7-56CA-49AF-A52D-2324C83DA4B9.jpeg

A little bit of nutridrench, but I believe that's what caused the pasty butt. I've taken her out and she eats and drinks so I'm sure she's okay. Holding off on the nutridrench for today so it doesn't get so sticky.
Her eating and drinking is very good. Do you use a heart lamp or a heat block to keep them warm? I can't remember.

Last edited:
Also when I feel GreyWhite, my leader hen's crop, it's very soft, a little liquidy. When I feel Yellowie, my bottom hen (who was at the very bottom before our three new chicks came along), when I feel her crop, it's much harder, but still a little soft. Is there a problem with that? When I touched their crop, it was at night.
Crop status can be a function of how much they ate before bed and when you checked it. Do they top off before bed? Mine eat like crazy right before bed time and if I check right away their craws are hard but as the evening goes on they become softer.

Flockservations

The big fight between Aurora and Hattie really did settle the pecking order. I watched last night as Aurora irritated Hattie by jumping out of the coop and startling everyone. Hattie went over to her with her head up high and beak ready to strike but instead of a fight or even running away, Aurora submitted. I had only ever seen her submit to Maleficent prior to that moment. Hopefully that is resolved for all time.

The fight for those who are new.

We have had some nice days here recently. On one of our less hot days Hattie decided to sunbathe on the deck. Boy she thuds when she lays down. It is tough being dual purpose.

20210724_110709.jpg

As proof that Hattie is number 2 in the pecking order, Lilly came over and laid on her until Hattie got up and moved. To add insult, Lilly's little protégé came over and laid down too and Hattie wound up partly in the shade. ⛱ 😆

20210724_110740.jpg

Back
Top Bottom