Bob’s right. You might want to get a pair of army boots for the coop. :gig
I really would prefer a chicken that wasn't trying to kill me! The guy who did most of the construction on the Chicken Palace can go in there in flip flops and nobody even tries to attack him. :idunno

It is so easy to see with roosters. CCCL related to me that until Stanley passed, Ned had never crowed. Ned appears to handle his duties in the same wonderful way as his father. Ned knew his place and learned how to be a proper rooster from his Dad. Shad used to talk about this at length.

This is why I really want Phyllis to raise these chicks. They will be so much better off with a Mum to show them the ropes.
I fully believe this and have saw it first hand. Even with chicks, as much as I love raising the babies myself and being able to bond with them from day 1 broody raised chicks are just so much smarter. A mother hen is going to teach them so many things that I can't and they are more wise about potential predators, different foods besides chicken feed and social interaction.

I really would prefer a chicken that wasn't trying to kill me! The guy who did most of the construction on the Chicken Palace can go in there in flip flops and nobody even tries to attack him. :idunno
Maybe your feet smell like chicken feed?
You don’t have any corns on your toes do you? :confused: ………:lau:gig

Oh Lord - it seems like she is just laying too many eggs for her shell production.
Do you have access to a vet? I wonder if it is something she will 'grow out of' eventually.
I think that is the only hope right now. That she eventually shows down.

Back
Top Bottom