I have a 5 gallon one that lasts over a week and don’t get any mosquitos in there. My smaller water containers are open and get mosquito larvae which the chickens gobble up.
I have a few buckets and a swimming pool and a large flower pot that catches rain water off the house. These I never have mosquitoe issues. The buckets get changed out every morning. The 5 gallon ones have lids and are gravity feed but are the only ones I have issues with. It's crazy I know. Mosquitoes in the face every year. Shrug...

I have been lucky with all my birds. Chickens ducks turkeys. Never once have I had and health issues with any of them. I started with ducks like 10 years ago. Moved to chickens then turkeys. Only problem has been predators and that's not every year and I live in the middle of nowhere. So far the family hasn't had to kill any predators. We have been lucky enough to relocate them or the next door neighbor shoots them. 😟
Those turkey videos are adorable. I definitely should not have watched the first one, now I want a lap turkey to go with my lap chickens.

Those turkey videos are adorable. I definitely should not have watched the first one, now I want a lap turkey to go with my lap chickens.
I'm told I have done wrong by making my turkeys pets and letting them imprint on me By so called turkey experts.
That I will regret it when they come of age to start mating.
But these experts aren't always right I have found out..

Back
Top Bottom