Hey MJ! Well, I think Mrs. Howell has pretty well henopaused (and seems to be adding girth to her plush bottom) and Ginger is working on achieving the same status, but she has always been so skinny that she could use some weight gain. Maryanne seems to be plugging along for now. Where we used to get at least two, and nearly always three, eggs per day, we now get one or none, and occasionally two per day. So these production hens are slowing down. Also, many of the eggs have extra stuff in them. Something sloughing off the hens during egg production. I tend to wonder if it is some mild form of lash egg or something. I don't know, this is our first run with chooks so I don't know what's normal. But everyone is still mobile so I can't complain, especially after reading about all the problems others are experiencing. It seems like it has really been a hard year for this group. :hugs
Sounds like they're doing really well for production hens!

Musings

When you are in an emotional state such as Mrs BY Bob and I find ourselves, the decisions you make are not rational. I know that.

We just had a conversation where Mrs BY Bob indicated that if these chicks do not arrive alive and well the expansion is off. I am to break Phyllis of her broodiness and we are going to leave the flock as is. She seems quite adamant.

Will she relent or did I just build a coop for no reason?

For additional thought.......I never went out to finish the coop last night. Do I agree with her subconsciously? Frankly I seem to be rapidly moving to prepare for the worst case scenario. Am I just starting to protect myself from the anticipated disappointment?
It’s a very distressing situation to be in. :hugs:hugs
I’m reading ahead hoping for the best news.

I'm so sorry the chicks are still in the mail Bob
:hugs :hugs:hugs

I'm sure Mrs BY Bob will come around once the awful wait has passed.

Good work at the post office! Surely the Cleveland centre knows the phone number of the driver and can give him/her a call?
If they do they are unwilling. If they really put them on a truck Monday night, they put them on the wrong truck and god knows where they are.

No more news tonight everyone. Good night. 🌛

20201204_115016.jpg

I think we all just wish we could be there to give actual hugs or that we had chick locating super powers!

Don’t be silly @BY Bob, we are all here for you during this very stressful and despairing time :hugs Together through the good and bad, the happy and the sad, mate, that’s the caring community you have put together on your thread I’m afraid 💜 never apologise for sharing these things.
Well said! I couldn’t agree more.

Here’s hoping there is good news for Mr and Mrs BYBob in the morning. :fl:fl
:hugs:hugs

Back
Top Bottom