Anyway, how is everybody? I hope you've all stayed well. I have missed you all and it is my intention to be around a bit more than of late.
I have tried, but trying to do BYC on a mobilephone as I move around proved more than my patience could bear and I was in danger of trashing the phone.
I'm here in Bristol for a while now barring a visit to my elder sister in a few days to get told off for what I taught her chickens last time I ws there. Apparently they now think that they are officially entitled to walnuts and a bit of fish from time to time.
The diet I set for my sisters eldest hen Freya, seems to have worked and she has even decided to lay the occasional egg as a sign of appreciation.
My sister is delighted so perhaps I wont get too much flack for what is apparently my fault and that's the chickens,one in particular thinks she should have house access.

I can't imagine whose fault that could be.:p
I’m well thanks Shad.
Our area is in fairly tight lockdown at the moment. We are having a new IKEA kitchen put in, minding my mother-in -laws small dog and managing my elderly Golden Retriever’s palliative care all at the same time.
My family is healthy and managing lockdown well though. We are all hermits. 😁

It’s great to hear from you and your chicken holiday sounds idyllic. ❤️

We are all so glad you got here in time to help Bob with his chicks. We’ve mostly been feeling frantic with helplessness.

We are all keeping our fingers crossed that Phyllis accepts them both.

😭 Oh Bob!!!! :hugsBlast the post. All this drama was preventable if only they'd delivered on time.
Not so unfortunately.
I know I've written about this before but as a rule one doesn't let the most junior hens sit and hatch.
I know some people do manage to slip chicks under broodies and get away with it. I don't understand how that happens and it isn't something I would try in the normal course of events.

Phyllis Rejected Them

She flipped the black out from under her and kept pecking at the buff. I have removed them and have them back in the house.

The next question is. Could i try again under cover of darkness or is it over?
Nuts! Dammit Phyllis, hasn’t all that broodiness sparked more maternal feeling?

So sorry Bob.:hugs

I have gotten sugar water, nutridrench and plain old water into them to get them to this point. I just need to get them to start eating somehow. 🤔
How do you feel about the egg yolk? Yes, it’s raw and there is risk there, but I think starvation in a bigger risk. Might I also suggest soaking crumble in warm (100-102°F) water, putting it through s blender, and administering it however you’re doing the other liquids?

How do you feel about the egg yolk? Yes, it’s raw and there is risk there, but I think starvation in a bigger risk. Might I also suggest soaking crumble in warm (100-102°F) water, putting it through s blender, and administering it however you’re doing the other liquids?
Maybe. Let me see.

Back
Top Bottom