It’s interesting that you think that. They changed some of the jokes to suit an American audience and I just didn’t find them funny. Having said that, I do find a lot of American humor funny, ‘Scrubs’ was a show in particular. Maybe it was just a poor production all round, as the US version of ‘The Office’ was very successful.

Chicken tax:
View attachment 2837743
It could also be that my humor tips more your way. I loved scrubs as well. I also love good slapstick physical humor as well.

It could also be that my humor tips more your way. I loved scrubs as well. I also love good slapstick physical humor as well.
Chicken tax
20210531_155955.jpg

I must confess I really enjoyed the ‘A-Team’ movie when it came out, I laughed my a*** off in the cinema and there were 10 year-olds staring at me curiously. I should watch it again to see if I still enjoy it as much.
I also loved that film! That was a good ride.

Chicken tax
20210415_084245.jpg

Sorry your girls are going through a rough patch, they are such complicated little ladies.
I have been wondering about @Lady Red, haven’t seen her on here for a while 😕
Frankly, I feel like you have been somewhat silent as well. Is everything good with you?

I would keep some, A small flock, but not the amount I have now (65 ish after culling the extra Roos hatched this year and some of my older girls.) I do use them for meat as well, and generally process 'older' hens at 2.5 years. That said, processing is always difficult for me, and a few special ones I just haven't been able to do....they will live their natural life.
I love this response. There are many reasons to keep chickens and this feels like a responsible way to me. I assume you sell your eggs, right?

Sorry, everyone...another blast from the past. I'm waaaayyyy behind, I don't know if I'll every catch up. I'm now at pg. 301...up from 148. (still thousands of pages to read!) :th

That said, I am thoroughly enjoying this thread, and would like to thank you all.:hugs I am continually amazed at the intelligence, knowledge, thoughtfulness, empathy, and, of course, great stories and wonderful pictures.
My advice is to not make it a goal but rather something you do when time permits. It's OK if you never catch up just as it is OK if you do. We are certainly enjoying your comments along the way.

Back
Top Bottom