No one wins when it gets messy. 😕
Indeed.
Just got an email from the DET to say it’s mandatory for all teaching/school staff to be at least partially vaxxed by mid October (I’m all done anyway). I can’t imagine there being an uproar from them though.
Construction was shut down due to many of them not wearing masks and therefore exposure and transmission was very high in that sector.

Tax
23953B27-981B-4ABF-823D-B693D08034F2.jpeg

Thanks, Bob. It would explain why my flock has so many problems, despite what I think is good care.
Despite what everyone here knows is good care! What others have said here - you are pretty amazing! If Marek's can't be diagnosed before a necropsy, then you'll have to wait, and as you've indicated, treat with that in mind. For me, understanding the limitations if it possibly is Marek's would help to temper expectations, for the chickens and myself included. What you think is good care actually is good care. Yet you're having to cope with constant trials.

Do you think sour crop always has a smell? We've never smelled anything bad coming from her. Her crop is down almost to normal , but she's still not eating on her own.
Is she molting? Many of our hens seem to stop eating while molting.

Back
Top Bottom