Happy Equinox!
Brenna
20210922_162755.jpg

Stopped to have a chat with this lovely on my way to do the shopping
20210921_132831.jpg
Our first squash of the season, and harvested from our own yard. These are kuri squashes, which I recently read means chestnut in Japanese.
20210918_184004.jpg

I know! The speed of a raptor at hunt is terrifying 😨
Interesting and terrifying to watch. That the goat, much bigger of course than the rooster, was more effective in the end is interesting. Are most goats this protective? A sole hen in the middle of the grass field, not a good place to be. She ran to the fence and the dark shade, just what Queenie did, and seemed to have more ground speed than the hawk could follow with, if she could have kept going. Hawks can't get up the speed again after the first hit. She had to double back, into the hawk's clutches basically. 😨 What gumption of the hen, she didn't give up at all, fought the whole way back to the coop!

Indeed.
Just got an email from the DET to say it’s mandatory for all teaching/school staff to be at least partially vaxxed by mid October (I’m all done anyway). I can’t imagine there being an uproar from them though.
Construction was shut down due to many of them not wearing masks and therefore exposure and transmission was very high in that sector.

Tax
View attachment 2842887
Beautiful picture. 😍

Do you think sour crop always has a smell? We've never smelled anything bad coming from her. Her crop is down almost to normal , but she's still not eating on her own.
Honestly, it doesn't sound like sour crop to me then. Here is 2 links on some basic info about sour crop. and crops in general (sour crop, impacted crop, etc.) https://www.fresheggsdaily.blog/2012/02/sour-crop.html
https://the-chicken-chick.com/chicken-anatomy-crop-impacted-crop-sour/

I wonder if she has some internal infection? You would probably know it if it was respiratory, but it may be something in the digestive tract (other than the crop) If the crop mostly empties, I doubt it is either sour crop or impacted crop.

I wish you the best of luck with your turkey:fl, and wish I knew more :idunnoso could effectively help.:(

Last edited:
It was a great evening..,

But shortly after that, we had our first hawk attack! I don’t think anyone was hit. But there sure was a lot of excitement. The dog and I chased it off.
I want to ❤ this too bc of all the promising updates, but the 😱 is for all the molts and the hawk attack! I hope everyone is 100% unscathed.

Back
Top Bottom