Meet Henry The Second and his hens!
These are all Ex Batts or rescues.
I'll be looking after them along with another person for the forseeable future.
They all live on a large allotment plot about 5 mins walk from my daughters.
I'll get some better pictures up later.
There is a lot of work to do. The start was made this morning when they all got out of their run for the first time together.:celebrate
The first project is to increase the size of their run. There is just about enough grunt left in me to get a fence up and maybe even build a new coop. Negotiations are currently in progress.
I picked Henry The Second up today and a few of his hens. I haven't held a rooster for almost five months!
View attachment 2843499View attachment 2843506View attachment 2843507
Good on you shad rescuing battery hens.

I can't help it I'm starting too love mine already.

Everybody ready to say “Poor baby”?
due to the wildfires around here, the whole valley is full of smoke, my eyes are watering, hard to breathe and even difficult to go outside and relax with the chickens. All my clothing smells of smoke, cars and home are all covered with ash and dust. (Cue the tears and pity) :barnie:hit:sick
Omg this is awful :hugs

Meet Henry The Second and his hens!
These are all Ex Batts or rescues.
I'll be looking after them along with another person for the forseeable future.
They all live on a large allotment plot about 5 mins walk from my daughters.
I'll get some better pictures up later.
There is a lot of work to do. The start was made this morning when they all got out of their run for the first time together.:celebrate
The first project is to increase the size of their run. There is just about enough grunt left in me to get a fence up and maybe even build a new coop. Negotiations are currently in progress.
I picked Henry The Second up today and a few of his hens. I haven't held a rooster for almost five months!
View attachment 2843499View attachment 2843506View attachment 2843507
What a mixed flock, they are lovely!
I'm so glad you are able to get a more stable "chicken fix" again Shad. Their quality of life will go right up with you looking after them. It's a win/win situation. 🥰

It's Friday here

Today's butt courtesy of Alice.
PXL_20210924_070625994.jpg
PXL_20210924_070659607.jpg

As is necessary I'm keeping my girl apart. I swap them around the garden areas.

Flexi wasn't where I'd left her and I was in a real panic thankfully my clever girl managed too get over the fence and passed Agatha and Tina with no fuss at all before getting herself back into the coop too lay her egg, what a champion

20210924_083952.jpg
20210924_084000.jpg

However she had a little peck at Tina maybe too tell her she was here first

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom