featherhead007 said:
I’m taking Marie (new airplane name) out for a flight today. I just sent my neighbor Marie to Walmart to buy meally worms for my chooks. She also takes care of my chickens while I’m away . Rest In Peace Jeanette (I miss you terribly) :(
Oops, I meant Lorie not Marie. Why do I have Marie on my feathered mind lately?
So, you are taking Lorie out and having Marie go to Walmart, right? lol

featherhead007 said:
I’m taking Marie (new airplane name) out for a flight today. I just sent my neighbor Marie to Walmart to buy meally worms for my chooks. She also takes care of my chickens while I’m away . Rest In Peace Jeanette (I miss you terribly) :(

So, you are taking Lorie out and having Marie go to Walmart, right? lol
:barnieOne mistake and the whole world learns of it!:th

Oh yes. I am well aware of that.
But it is all outside the Chicken Palace now so when they are inside the Palace they should be secure.
The ditch is well outside the Chicken Palace and crosses the arbitrary line of deer fencing enclosing the long grass and preventing the Princesses from straying into the truly wild world of the field and the woods.
I don’t consider the long grass secure from predators so I am out with them or at least in the area.
Once the drainage is done then I can electric wire around the long grass which will be better, but never really secure because of the massive hawks that are around.
Oh. That's much better. I was concerned. They are clever girls though, aren't they?

Oh. That's much better. I was concerned. They are clever girls though, aren't they?
Indeed! Most clever to realize that the big open field the surfaced in was waay less safe than the long grass and the Chicken Palace.
Nearly done with this phase and then I need a good rain shower so I can check everything is draining well and can decide how much further away to pipe the water. I am at the end of this pipe and not yet at the surface so will likely have to add a pipe - meanwhile I will put a critter barrier on the end to stop anyone crawling up it.

Edited to add: Yipee - rain tomorrow during the day so I can go out and inspect how well the water flows and whether I need to extend my pipe a little or a lot.

Last edited:
It’s still dark outside, but I let out Dakota and Arizona. And just opened the coop door. And yes, held me wonderful rooster Jaffar. He’s looking fine today! A quick breakfast, then I’m off to hug my horse Chaco. Maybe I’ll send a mugshot of her today as well. (But she’s not a chicken)
You know Alex, have you considered building a second coop for Arizona and Dakota sort of like the current Phyllis situation?

Back
Top Bottom