Thank you! Ruby is vocalizing again! I just LOVE her voice. She also lets me cuddle her now. We’ve become pretty close.❤️

She is eating, drinking, pooping, foraging preening, roosting, and bossing around the lower ranked girls. My heart is full. ❤️

Now, yesterday I did feel the left-sided mass the vet spoke of. Today I can’t feel it and fear she may already be bloating, but we will see.

She’s so much stronger than last time, I think because last time I tubed her until her appetite returned AND because I tubed fluids the first two days post draining this time around. (sorry… patting myself on the back a bit here, but I’m just so pleased I have been able to help her.)

I think we’re at the point where I need to evaluate her ratio of good days to bad days. Right now she’s having good days and seems to understand the vet and I are helping her. I can’t believe how attached I’ve gotten to this girl!
I have the faith that you will not keep her going just for you. You will know when it's time. She will tell you. Treasure your time with her. It clearly is limited. :hugs :hugs :hugs

Jiminy Cricket, timber is sooo expensive at the moment!
I was whimsically considering over the summer holidays trying to build something new for the girls to live in but I think my bubble has been burst 😳
The Cluckle Hut cost more than 3 times as much to build as the main coop and I purchased much less wood for it. The price of wood is brutal right now.

I just got news that Lilly was breathing through her mouth.She wasn’t eating and drinking.Her eyes were closed.She’s on her 7th egg.We ate the other 6 because they weren’t fertile.I’ve no idea what happened and she couldn’t walk.A few miniutes later I just got news Lilly is nowhere to be found!she is not dead she’s idk if alive.Where could have she gone!?Era is frantically crowing.
This is not good. I hope to read that you have found her by the time I catch up. :hugs

Look, you are being so helpful that you are backing me into a corner I don't want to be in.

I give up! I admit it!

I don't want to give them up yet. They are my buddies and once they go outside they will meet new friends more like them and they will leave me behind. I'm not ready yet. 😭
Do you think we didn't realize that? And of course we love you for feeling that way.
Be strong! They will still love you, and they will be so happy exploring a new world.
:love :hugs

That is good to know - and obviously Maggie proves the case!
As it was I spent 6 months expecting to wake up each morning and find Maggie had died. TBH I still anxiously check on her every morning even though as it turned out it was poor Elizabeth who suddenly gave up the ghost.
:hugs :hugs :hugs

Back
Top Bottom