Our other two residents came to us in April as chicks. My wife raised them until they moved outside and then they became my responsibility.

Hattie is our lavender orpington hen. She has not starting laying yet but i expect she will once the days turn longer.
View attachment 1633834

Jabberwockie, Jabber for short, was supposed to be an Easter Egger hen, however, he is clearly not a hen.
View attachment 1633836
He and Hattie are inseperable.
He is beautiful!

She pecks and screams if I put my hand in with her but doesn't struggle if I lift her out.

She had a go at Penny, my Mum-in-law's little dog when I put her on the ground and the dog tried to sniff.

So yeah, she's pretty grumpy. 😅
Yeah, ok 😅
Belle hasn’t been like that at all, which is quite confusing 🤔 :barnie
I just had to let her in to lay, I give up 😂
You do you, Belle, you do you 🥰

Well here’s a first!
View attachment 2867505
I brought Flash in for some crop work and she tried to roost on the table! See that big ol’ crop on a tiny hen? She’s back out in the coop with her sisters now.
This always reminds me , that chickens are people too! 😁

Well here’s a first!
View attachment 2867505
I brought Flash in for some crop work and she tried to roost on the table! See that big ol’ crop on a tiny hen? She’s back out in the coop with her sisters now.
Is that particularly big? I feel like mine get way bigger. It I sometimes comical to see them waddling around with a big full crop and still stuffing more in!

Back
Top Bottom