Hahaha, yep, it was amusing to watch and amazing how instinctual it all is.
Oh and the size of the poop!!! 😂
Do I get her out again before dusk to fill up before bed if she doesn’t do it herself?
Once a day is fine. No need to take her out a second time.

I thought everybody does it once a day and that's enough. I recall @BY Bob got Phyllis out once a day, didn't he?
That is correct. Once a day.

The length of time spent of the nest can vary in my experience. The time Sydney was off the nest seemed to be directly related to the temperature when she got up. The hotter the temp the longer she was off the nest taking care of herself.

Afternoon coop haul, @BY Bob don't look
View attachment 2868291Feather is Storm's prep for adult moult. Brown egg: Pear. Blue, likely Splash as she's the one Cheetah was directing yesterday. She laid in same box as Pear.
I'm so happy someone is getting colored eggs! 😞

I really do appreciate your thoughts because your tribe gets along so specific. There is some magic you have which I would love to capture. :hugs
I really don't think I'm much help. This is a problem of long standing due to how the tribe has evolved over time & it was never going to be a quick or easy fix. On the plus side, as others have mentioned, Phyllis is no longer bottom & the other 2 have each other. Also, Shad may have ideas about this too, I don't think the so called *pecking order* is as rigid as some people make out. There is often a lot of mutal tolerance & help & flux within a group & I'm wondering if we are starting to see this with Phyllis & the Bigger group. You have a lot of strong personalities; I just have dingbats. 🤣 That means there is more competition but not necessarily antagionism though it may look ugly from the outside. I say this because of the choices Phyllis is making. If they really were making her life intolerable, or she felt they were, she would not be choosing to roost with them @ all or hang with them. I suspect a subtext we've all missed is @ play here. I really wish I could spend a day observing your girls. I find their interactions fascinating.

Back
Top Bottom