Thank you Afi. She is eating. I posted last night that she went to bed with a very full crop. And she is drinking maybe more than usual - which could be the cause of the diarrhea, or just be replenishing fluid lost to diarrhea.
I just checked her this morning before it gets light and her crop did empty over night.
So that is one possible issue ruled out.
However, she did not poop a lot overnight and it was liquid.
Oh,crop emptiness is a major problem if not handled for a long time.Anyways,I’m thrilled she’s doing just fine.I’m sure she’ll be ok since she’s being handled by someone who really knows what she needs.Don’t worry about the droppings,they’ll gradually change once she’s on her line again.
https://cs-tf.com/chicken-diarrhea/
Here i hope it helps. :hugs

Oh,crop emptiness is a major problem if not handled for a long time.Anyways,I’m thrilled she’s doing just fine.I’m sure she’ll be ok since she’s being handled by someone who really knows what she needs.Don’t worry about the droppings,they’ll gradually change once she’s on her line again.
https://cs-tf.com/chicken-diarrhea/
Here i hope it helps. :hugs
I don't think that is quite right is it? I thought the crop was supposed to empty overnight which is why I got up before light to check it before she eats anything.
It was full last night and empty first thing in the morning. I thought that was normal?

Hahaha, yep, it was amusing to watch and amazing how instinctual it all is.
Oh and the size of the poop!!! 😂
Do I get her out again before dusk to fill up before bed if she doesn’t do it herself?
If I thought that a sitting hen wasn't eating enough when she got off the nest during the day I got them off the nest a bit before dusk/roosting time.
Chickens are social eaters. They eat more in the company of other chickens.

Lucky ladies...having such a good beau. I'm glad Henry knows his ''duties' of a Roo. Where did he come from? Since, obviously, he isn't an 'ex-batt'. Might he have had a daddy around to learn good Roo behavior from?

I know Golden Comets are another hybrid/high production breed,, so I shouldn't be encouraging of the breed, but I love the coloring of them :)
There is a bit of a story associated with these chickens which I shall probably outline at some point. Henry 11 is the son of Henry. Henry was afaik a rescue/can you take this rooster off my hands, many years ago.

Just add here some hugs and to note this sounds just like Hazel, eating very little, very cautious and wary, resting a lot, though foraging pretty well, and now she is coming back as she finishes her molt, acting better but still easily moved off food. Hazel used to be very aggressive, a hogging, shouldering-in, no holds-barred sewing-machine eater. Haven't seen that Hazel in weeks. Now Butters is exploding feathers, and every preen takes out fluff. She too has become cautious, stands away, and looks unhappy like Minnie, she is beginning to take a lot of rests too. :hugs :hugs
:hugs:hugs

Just add here some hugs and to note this sounds just like Hazel, eating very little, very cautious and wary, resting a lot, though foraging pretty well, and now she is coming back as she finishes her molt, acting better but still easily moved off food. Hazel used to be very aggressive, a hogging, shouldering-in, no holds-barred sewing-machine eater. Haven't seen that Hazel in weeks. Now Butters is exploding feathers, and every preen takes out fluff. She too has become cautious, stands away, and looks unhappy like Minnie, she is beginning to take a lot of rests too. :hugs :hugs
:hugs

Back
Top Bottom