Yes that is why I rigged up a poop board under her. I am 99% certain she pooped nothing but liquid all night.
I'm sorry RC. I did read that you had put a piece of cardboard below the roost; twice in fact.
Yes, you are right to be concerend if she pooped water all night.
But, you did mention that her crop was full at roost time and empty in the moorning so food is moving past her crop and one must assume that it is reaching her gizzard.
I think you are right to seek a vets advice in this case. I know that chickens can get constipated but I don't know what the vetinary advice is in such cases.

Spending most of this day so far with the chickens. Flexi has been grounded for being a bully too Tina and Agatha. This has to stop
20211017_141602.jpg

20211017_141527.jpg

Last edited:
Oh dear - poor Minnie is definitely off today. I got a poo sample and am desperately trying to find an avian vet for an appointment (the guy I saw with Maggie has no appointments but will call me).
I have found one vet who can see her on Monday but requires a $50 non-refundable deposit to make the appointment - I have never heard of such a thing!
I am thinking I will do that - even if it is too late for Minnie I could get a wellness check on someone else and probably good to get to know an avian vet within semi-reasonable driving distance.
Dropping poo off at my regular vet - maybe results will be back before Monday.
Why did I decide to keep chickens again? Why? They are so much stress and anxiety.
Minnie today.
View attachment 2867779View attachment 2867780
She is such a lovely girl. I hope she gets better and/or the vet has some options for you and her!.

Videos of the Phyllistines

I have been out sitting in the run with the Phyllistines this morning. They have been spending a lot of time on the porch and I have two videos of them for you.

The first is of Sylvie helping Legertha with her new feather shafts on her head. A nice little grooming session.

The second involves some spastic running about with them charging at the camera.

They are absolutely adorable😍! How sweet of Sylvie to groom her sister!😇

Sylvie's top knot is starting to fill in - still a bit lopsided, but much fuller than the images from just a week ago. It always amazes me just how quick the grow& change when they are young!!

What Happened!!!

Something destroyed Sansa's tail feathers. I caught her sleeping on the main roost last night as she has been doing. It would seem unlikely that someone did this on the roost last night. Notice Sydney in the nest box. She does this when molting to stay away from everyone else.

View attachment 2867914

Here is Sansa's tail 4 days ago. It looked like this yesterday.

View attachment 2867916

Here it this morning.

View attachment 2867920

What happened! They are shredded. Not pulled out.
Oh, dear! That is some significant feather damage. Odd place, too, not on the back-most tail feathers. :(

I'm sorry RC. I did read that you had put a piece of cardboard below the roost; twice in fact.
Yes, you are right to be concerend if she pooped water all night.
But, you did mention that her crop was full at roost time and empty in the moorning so food is moving past her crop and one must assume that it is reaching her gizzard.
I think you are right to seek a vets advice in this case. I know that chickens can get constipated but I don't know what the vetinary advice is in such cases.
Thanks Shad. I have found a vet who will see her on Monday.
I have been following her around all morning. No poop but eating a bit and drinking. But also napping a lot.
I haven’t separated her but I think I will because the others are beginning to bother her.
Three pictures of her in the last ten minutes. She varies from great to terrible.
I wish I could get a vet appointment earlier.
9ACA5FA3-BB8B-4909-8188-E5F427604F7D.jpeg
754BD45D-564D-4779-B087-F078E1CD2773.jpeg
2BDF1303-18A2-42A0-9249-F3EF7E6209B7.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom