I'll risk it tonight I've parted them to eat and put the spoilt brats in the small coop for lunch. I will break my heart if one or both have serious damage in the morning.

Ridicules as this is, I don't think I will be able too keep the ones that cause pain or damage. I need too toughen up but fighting my natural instincts while trying to except theirs

What if they have an heart attack through fear

I know it's hard, but Bob is right. I find the more I interfere with mine the longer their disagreements last. Just like kids. Better to just leave them to work it out, especially if they aren't actually hurting each other. They can make a lot of noise and chase each other all over, maybe they will get tired enough to go to bed without fuss :) I think of them a lot like dealing with really smart toddlers.
I stopped out in pouring rain until it went dark. I was my own spy camera.

Firstly I put my two precious babies up on the top perch after they had eaten their full then led the bossy girls back into the run.

They started eating after a while I grabbed handfuls of food too feed my little ones again, I wanted them completely full up.

I placed them on the floor of the coup before stepping outside too observe .

Tina went up onto the parliament perch and I was holding my breath. Then Agatha went too eat while flexi and amber muttered too each other.
Agatha started to have a drink and Amber came over to sort of join her and drinks from the other side of the drinker...
I almost fainted :th

Meanwhile flexi jumped up onto the perch and lightly pecked at Tina until she moved over then tina turned her back on flexi, at that moment up jumps amber looking at Tina she started too peck a little then a bit harder. :ducShe's lucky she's a chicken because my feathers raised I can tell you :fl.

After a minute of this I had a bit of a growl.

All this time the brave princess hid in the coop suddenly she decides too come out for a nibble. Then brave as ever goes back in and wisely for them the other two decided too follow.

I made sure my lovelies eat and drank some more then put them on the perch inside the coop the others settled into the straw on the opposite wall. :eek: trust me I looked

I hope to get up before it gets light to give them their yogurt fermented layers and banana breakfast. But if those three start trouble it's the Kentucky for them :fl:fl

I’m being rude, I feel angry, I haven’t visited my mare Chaco in two days. I’m under much stress. And the darn doctor, won’t let me know what she’s thinking is wrong with my chest congestion (After all our local fires, I couldn’t judge either) ………. And I have an exam that the FAA requires of me or I’m grounded !😡 so, I’m bowing out, so I don’t offend anyone :frow:(
Oh my friend :( I hope you are ok :hugs

I stopped out in pouring rain until it went dark. I was my own spy camera.

Firstly I put my two precious babies up on the top perch after they had eaten their full then led the bossy girls back into the run.

They started eating after a while I grabbed handfuls of food too feed my little ones again, I wanted them completely full up.

I placed them on the floor of the coup before stepping outside too observe .

Tina went up onto the parliament perch and I was holding my breath. Then Agatha went too eat while flexi and amber muttered too each other.
Agatha started to have a drink and Amber came over to sort of join her and drinks from the other side of the drinker...
I almost fainted :th

Meanwhile flexi jumped up onto the perch and lightly pecked at Tina until she moved over then tina turned her back on flexi, at that moment up jumps amber looking at Tina she started too peck a little then a bit harder. :ducShe's lucky she's a chicken because my feathers raised I can tell you :fl.

After a minute of this I had a bit of a growl.

All this time the brave princess hid in the coop suddenly she decides too come out for a nibble. Then brave as ever goes back in and wisely for them the other two decided too follow.

I made sure my lovelies eat and drank some more then put them on the perch inside the coop the others settled into the straw on the opposite wall. :eek: trust me I looked

I hope to get up before it gets light to give them their yogurt fermented layers and banana breakfast. But if those three start trouble it's the Kentucky for them :fl:fl
Sounds like it went well overall. That's good.

Roosting Changes

Something is up with the tribe. This may be molt related or possibly temperature related.

Here is the roosting in the big coop Sunday night.

View attachment 2871037

This is the typical roosting arrangement aside from the use of the nesting boxes.

Here is Monday night's roosting arrangement.

View attachment 2871038

Hattie is in a nest box. That is unusual but not unheard of. Phyllis is roosted out in the Big Run, also pretty frequent these days. Sansa, Sydney, and Lilly usually roost there. Look at where Aurora is! She never roosts there! It has never happened before.

Now it got chilly last night. Our first real chilly night. It went down to 45°F (7°C) I am guessing that two things drive this. First the windows was open and Hattie I usually roosts in front of the window as she did Sunday night. So as a molting hen perhaps the the straw and a place away from the window dice Hattie's decision. Aurora roosted as far from the door as is possible. Perhaps because there was a chilly breeze blowing in at roost time. Certainly Aurora taking Phyllis spot likely resulted in her roosting outside.

No matter what, this bears watching. I may watch roosting live tonight if I can free myself up.
Bob, it’s getting that cold here in California already and my coop is WIDE open! Lots of ventilation. I close a couple areas with doors (that have doorknob holes drilled with hardware cloth covers) when it gets really windy or stormy.
Anyway, report back after tonight!

Back
Top Bottom