I’m being rude, I feel angry, I haven’t visited my mare Chaco in two days. I’m under much stress. And the darn doctor, won’t let me know what she’s thinking is wrong with my chest congestion (After all our local fires, I couldn’t judge either) ………. And I have an exam that the FAA requires of me or I’m grounded !😡 so, I’m bowing out, so I don’t offend anyone :frow:(
Sorry you’re having a bad day, Alex. I hope you cheer up! 😊

I stopped out in pouring rain until it went dark. I was my own spy camera.

Firstly I put my two precious babies up on the top perch after they had eaten their full then led the bossy girls back into the run.

They started eating after a while I grabbed handfuls of food too feed my little ones again, I wanted them completely full up.

I placed them on the floor of the coup before stepping outside too observe .

Tina went up onto the parliament perch and I was holding my breath. Then Agatha went too eat while flexi and amber muttered too each other.
Agatha started to have a drink and Amber came over to sort of join her and drinks from the other side of the drinker...
I almost fainted :th

Meanwhile flexi jumped up onto the perch and lightly pecked at Tina until she moved over then tina turned her back on flexi, at that moment up jumps amber looking at Tina she started too peck a little then a bit harder. :ducShe's lucky she's a chicken because my feathers raised I can tell you :fl.

After a minute of this I had a bit of a growl.

All this time the brave princess hid in the coop suddenly she decides too come out for a nibble. Then brave as ever goes back in and wisely for them the other two decided too follow.

I made sure my lovelies eat and drank some more then put them on the perch inside the coop the others settled into the straw on the opposite wall. :eek: trust me I looked

I hope to get up before it gets light to give them their yogurt fermented layers and banana breakfast. But if those three start trouble it's the Kentucky for them :fl:fl
I'm pleased it went well last night. As others have said, I do think you're over thinking this a bit. Nasty as it seems to us it is normal chicken behaviour & really quite mild. Usually it settles down pretty quickly unless the girls are interfered with. Bob's ladies are rather the exception to the rule. :plbb Lots of space, which you're giving them, is key to a smooth integration. It sounds like it's going really well to me. My 1st integration I knew nothing & my bullies bailed the newbies up in the coop & wouldn't let them anywhere near the food & water. Now I have super smooth integrations but even so there is always some pecking goes on while everyone works things out.

Someone was content to sit and browse facebook with me this afternoon for a hour. Did not have the tv turned on, instead had pandora on listening to music. He didn't care, he was just happy to sit and sleep in my lap undisturbed. He's also forgone my hand thankfully for Creamy. I didn't think he was big enough to breed the big stock hens, I was very wrong.
DSCN5503.JPG

Someone was content to sit and browse facebook with me this afternoon for a hour. Did not have the tv turned on, instead had pandora on listening to music. He didn't care, he was just happy to sit and sleep in my lap undisturbed. He's also forgone my hand thankfully for Creamy. I didn't think he was big enough to breed the big stock hens, I was very wrong.
View attachment 2871505
He's certainly a looker! :love

I'm pleased it went well last night. As others have said, I do think you're over thinking this a bit. Nasty as it seems to us it is normal chicken behaviour & really quite mild. Usually it settles down pretty quickly unless the girls are interfered with. Bob's ladies are rather the exception to the rule. :plbb Lots of space, which you're giving them, is key to a smooth integration. It sounds like it's going really well to me. My 1st integration I knew nothing & my bullies bailed the newbies up in the coop & wouldn't let them anywhere near the food & water. Now I have super smooth integrations but even so there is always some pecking goes on while everyone works things out.
I agree as well. It seems like a normal integration. I wouldn't interfere.

I wonder if more interference leads to more aggression in the hens which becomes a habit over time.

View attachment 2871505
I keep saying “it’s not the size that matters, But rather the better nature of the beast “! …. :oops:

Someone is knocking to let me know she can’t get back into the coop.
1E743E9C-6CA3-4654-8D3E-4979E3A691B2.jpeg

She has been running around Tuk Tuk Tuking at me each time I go out.
Snow has gone in to lay so Belle has gone in with her. I watched 2 days ago and Belle moved over to give her room to lay, no biting or growling at her at all.
I’m not at work today so once Snow is done I will get Belle out and close her off. She won’t be happy with me but with only 2 hens, Snow is without company all day which I think is more important to rectify than letting Belle sit longer on nothing.
I might be wrong 🤷🏻‍♀️
She might not allow her hatching spirit to be broken and will find a way around not being allowed access to the coop 😅

It's been raining on and off all day. The chickens have been out but got driven back to the coop on a regular basis as the showers came and went.
Good news is Lima is going from strength to strength. She had two fights today just to let a few of the upsarts know she wasn't in her grave yet and she's been eating the commercial feed again.
I'm going to be joining the got to get some scales crew. There are five that I want to keep a close eye on with regard to bodyweight.

Back
Top Bottom