Ha! Piscia has switched career goals bc of Phyllis's influence. Frankly, it is making the other girls irritated with how often Piscia says "look how the sunlight dances off my gleaming feathers! My iridescence is mesmerizing! Look at the depth of my black..."

The other usually grumble about how her color is her only depth. Occasionally they just bite her comb to get her to shut up.
She is well on her way. Tell her the others are jealous of Phyllis as well. 😆

20211021_173242.jpg

Ideas please.
I am feeling much better about leaving Minnie to cope on her own while I am on my trip (I leave Sunday night).
She has fully emptied her crop two days in a row without coconut oil.
My current worry though is getting enough calories into her because as far as I can tell she will not eat the commercial food (same as Maggie on her first molt).
I have been feeding beef, beef liver, scrambled egg, kefir/yoghurt, rice, cabbage and sunflower seeds and she has been out in the yard a lot digging up whatever it is she digs up.
While I am away her yard time will be much more restricted. It won't be zero time out as one of the guys doing work on the house can be trusted to let them out and keep an eye on them and then lock them up when he leaves - but he won't be there every day. Also, I won't be there to provide my home made concoction.
My idea is to leave pots in the freezer of my food concoction and ask the lady who comes to feed the cats to empty one pot into the feed bowl each day. Of course Minnie will have to fight for her share but I can't think of what else to do.
In addition I will leave one extra waterer with Gatorade (now I know she likes it!) and I will water their enclosed pasture run (only 40 square ft) and add leaves to encourage the worms and bugs.
Any other ideas to make sure she doesn't starve while I am away?

Tax
View attachment 2875602
I can't think of any right now but I will continue to noodle on it today and post anything that comes to me.

I think @ Shadrach mentioned that if the crop was completely empty, you could feel nodules. It was a few pages back...If I can find it, I'll edit this post with it.
Yes indeed he did. Both he and BY Bob have already pointed out that I wasn't paying close enough attention.
Sorry, but because of me you owe SHRA tax!
:oops:

Can you hang a cabbage for them so it's always there?
I will do that before I leave, but if they are very distracted a cabbage will last them a couple of days at most. So I think there is a better chance of Minnie getting cabbage through the week if I dice it up and include it in my frozen pots.
They do all love cabbage!

Ideas please.
I am feeling much better about leaving Minnie to cope on her own while I am on my trip (I leave Sunday night).
She has fully emptied her crop two days in a row without coconut oil.
My current worry though is getting enough calories into her because as far as I can tell she will not eat the commercial food (same as Maggie on her first molt).
I have been feeding beef, beef liver, scrambled egg, kefir/yoghurt, rice, cabbage and sunflower seeds and she has been out in the yard a lot digging up whatever it is she digs up.
While I am away her yard time will be much more restricted. It won't be zero time out as one of the guys doing work on the house can be trusted to let them out and keep an eye on them and then lock them up when he leaves - but he won't be there every day. Also, I won't be there to provide my home made concoction.
My idea is to leave pots in the freezer of my food concoction and ask the lady who comes to feed the cats to empty one pot into the feed bowl each day. Of course Minnie will have to fight for her share but I can't think of what else to do.
In addition I will leave one extra waterer with Gatorade (now I know she likes it!) and I will water their enclosed pasture run (only 40 square ft) and add leaves to encourage the worms and bugs.
Any other ideas to make sure she doesn't starve while I am away?

Tax
View attachment 2875602
Could you ask your helper to put the concoction in the brooder pen with the door open, so Minnie could access it? My thinking is that she might be more likely to go in there to eat it since she is used to that and the others aren't.
I don't have a good picture of your set-up in my head, but am just throwing out ideas.

Back
Top Bottom