Yes, I agree, Granny goes in the coop around 4:30, she is the first to call it a day. I summer she goes in at 7pm,
Even though its still dark out, I open the door anyway, a few of the older white LH`s are up eating around 5:30/6am ish, eating in the dark Lolololo
Phyllis also goes to bed early. I don't understand why but a good hour before dusk most of the time.

Oh my gosh! Gave me a heart attack half way through the read. :eek:So glad their okay. Yes, Emily hops on my shoulders for a little nap while she cleans her feet. Then im forced to sit there for a while because anytime i tilt back she goes further up, i tilt forward she goes behind. Emily always chases off “predators“ like robins, i see her doing a little racecar move (darting head forward) dodging anything in her way. And then she does nothing. i think she expects them to be scared but they dont fly off, she just sits there and walks away. but Im so glad their alright, poor things. :(
They survived ok and every chicken that comes to live here has fallen in at least once. Except Hattie. Somehow she is just smarter and calmer.

I received the saddest news today. I may or may not have had my favorite pollet chai die, she was let out of her cage without my knowledge (while I was away). When I got home I was told that she had been missing for several hours, when typically she wouldn’t be more than 10 feet from her mother who is always around. I looked all over the place. And although there is hope, I seem to have lost it. :(
I am so sorry to hear this. I'm hoping :fl that you are still able to find her. Will she come to a treat call?

I received the saddest news today. I may or may not have had my favorite pollet chai die, she was let out of her cage without my knowledge (while I was away). When I got home I was told that she had been missing for several hours, when typically she wouldn’t be more than 10 feet from her mother who is always around. I looked all over the place. And although there is hope, I seem to have lost it. :(
Oh no, im so sorry to hear this. I wish well for her and hope she returns. :(

Back
Top Bottom