Happy Tuesday!
I truly dont think the hens care that in a few weeks we will have a time change :tongue and it will fall back, all they know is chicken time, and it is now 6am, soon to be 5am,,,, they just want out of the coop :bow
Chicken time = time to eat , time to hunt around the run, outdoor roost time, time to lay an egg, time to
preen,
time for a dust bath:wee, time to eat, time to sit on the outdoor roost, 😴 Ooop time to prep for the night=(4:30pm everyday!)🧐
hunt, eat, get a big drink and get my fav. spot on the roost. :lau
[Notice Granny Violet picked the Head of the Table if you will, the prime spot, all of the chickens I have ever had fought to have this place]
048.jpg The back far left corner
I am going to finish this cup and................ then stroll out and open up the coop
Have a Great Tuesday!!

002 (2).jpg

Floating By

Hattie just drifted across the yard like a beautiful lavender cloud. 🥰

View attachment 2877802

Her molt is nearly done. She is eating like normal and getting after treats like normal as well. In glad she is almost done.

In other news, Lilly has started her molt and it seems that that Aurora has as well. Sansa and and Sydney are still deep in molt. Sansa is over 2 months now and still standoffish and eating differently.
But Sansa is eating something though? No worries for her?

Happy Tuesday!
I truly dont think the hens care that in a few weeks we will have a time change :tongue and it will fall back, all they know is chicken time, and it is now 6am, soon to be 5am,,,, they just want out of the coop :bow
Chicken time = time to eat , time to hunt around the run, outdoor roost time, time to lay an egg, time to
preen,
time for a dust bath:wee, time to eat, time to sit on the outdoor roost, 😴 Ooop time to prep for the night=(4:30pm everyday!)🧐
hunt, eat, get a big drink and get my fav. spot on the roost. :lau
[Notice Granny Violet picked the Head of the Table if you will, the prime spot, all of the chickens I have ever had fought to have this place]
View attachment 2878561 The back far left corner
I am going to finish this cup and................ then stroll out and open up the coop
Have a Great Tuesday!!

View attachment 2878549
It had made it possible for me to get up at 7 am and have a half cup of coffee before I let them out in the morning which is nice. 😆 :caf

The end of day free range is also getting short but will be much shorter very soon. I think they would rather keep the free range time. 🤔

It had made it possible for me to get up at 7 am and have a half cup of coffee before I let them out in the morning which is nice. 😆 :caf

The end of day free range is also getting short but will be much shorter very soon. I think they would rather keep the free range time. 🤔
Yes, I agree, Granny goes in the coop around 4:30, she is the first to call it a day. I summer she goes in at 7pm,
Even though its still dark out, I open the door anyway, a few of the older white LH`s are up eating around 5:30/6am ish, eating in the dark Lolololo

Yes, I agree, Granny goes in the coop around 4:30, she is the first to call it a day. I summer she goes in at 7pm,
Even though its still dark out, I open the door anyway, a few of the older white LH`s are up eating around 5:30/6am ish, eating in the dark Lolololo
They sound like Hattie! 😆

White sapphires: crested legbar crossed with white leghorn. They're supposed to have small crests, but so far...nothing. The last batch of chicks (Pear, Mama, and Rusty included) we said yes to the mystery chick. Only yellow chick in the bunch. Promptly dubbed Mystery. Roo (had 6 in that bunch) still no crest at 5 months. That's when 4 went to freezer camp. Rusty became flock rooster when Buster was killed. The other giant roo had already been rehomed. Family had 1 hen (2 years) and had just gotten several babies. Kids loved idea of shiny black rooster and he was promptly dubbed Raven. Have a story about him!
Do share the story!

Back
Top Bottom