This is just my opinion but I would switch to red rather than experiment. Too much light can lead to behavior problems. For $13 you can have 2 bulbs and no worries. It would be worth it to me for the peace of mind.

https://www.amazon.com/K21761-250R40-Incandescent-Reflector-Standard/dp/B07FXWBZL1/ref=mp_s_a_1_4?crid=2THFAXQN5TM3R&dchild=1&keywords=heat+lamp+bulbs+for+chickens&qid=1635435576&sprefix=heat+lamp+bulb,aps,145&sr=8-4
Thanks. I really should have a bulb around for when this one dies anyway. now on my shopping list (gets divided by where to get)

Good morning. I have to go in early today because I have to get to the printer to do a press check. I just put on my sweater and found this in my pocket… Sunflower seeds… Ruby‘s favorite. I know you can all understand the lump in my throat and cracking in my chest. 💔

Thinking of Ruby today, sure brought back memories of my Canna, the day her life left her, as I was holding her in my arms. (Makes me sad to remember it) :(

While it is very sad to have lost her, remember all the things that made you love her! Cherish the flashbacks, because it also means remembering the love (even when it is painful...or maybe because it is?) :hugs :hugs 🤗:hugs:hugsAnd accept the love and hugs from others to get you through.

I had one similar to that. It would not work like I need and I had algae all the time because of it. In fact the one I had would let them fall in and then cover their heads. It would make it more likely they would die.
Yeah, for a cover to be safe, it has to be tight and secure around the edges. Learned that when researching many years ago (we bad a pool when my now 20-year-old son was born.) We ended up putting up a fence instead.

Why are beets bad for soft shells? Does it inhibit calcium absorption?
Oh sorry! My run-on comment was not relating the two things together. I meant that fruit-flavored Tums (calcium carbonate) would color the eggs but you wouldn't want to use a calcium supplement unless you had a soft-shell egg issue. Does that clarify?

I’m having trouble with my Rock garden today. They keep running around all over the yard. (And I mean RUNNING) No predators that I can see anywhere! :confused: Crazy birds!
Three stopped long enough for a picture. C0B29B1B-3F1A-4BFF-9A59-ADF59FEEF9D5.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom