Kiko is my "rescue chick". She goes out into my backyard during the day, but none of the other chickens really interact with her, except for Gizmo (the other chick I rescued who turned out to be a rooster). Gizmo *tried* mating with Kiko once and that didn't go well- she screeched so loud that it scared him and he never tried that ever again 😅 Maybe he'll try again once he gets a little older? None of the feral roosters have access to her.

Kiko is similar to @featherhead007's chooks and likes to sleep indoors in the evenings 😂 She even enjoys watching movies with me!
Sometimes, we turn off the TV and just talk! 🥰

Kiko & I were featured in the December/January issue of Backyard Poultry magazine! (This is obviously before she went broody 😂)
8BE736CC-F3D9-4930-9FF3-79AC2336654D.jpeg

I just love your photos! I love that our view is at eye level with the hens and you capture the details of their feathers so wonderfully. 🥰
Thanks, yes, I can manage the eye-level part, and the chicken does her posing part, but the rest frankly is the phone. I did look for a new phone that got good camera reviews and can manage poor light, but wasn’t top dollar. It’s a Pixel 4a. I am also happy with the smaller size and that it has a headphone jack. I’m at the stage of just letting the phone figure out the picture. The one with the foreground in focus and the rest fuzzy, I have only a vague idea why it did that, I might have accidentally set it to “portrait mode.”

Speaking of which, Minnie has put on 10 ounces in the last 3 weeks since I last weighed her. She was 3 pounds and 3 ounces and now is 3 pounds and 13 ounces, That is an increase of 25% of her body weight!!
She has really been chowing down. :wee
She didn't love being removed from her solo roost to be weighed, and let me know by having copious diarrhea down my shirt :sick
So I guess she isn't quite back to rights but I am feeling good that she can come off my daily worry list.
I think on Monday I will leave a message for the vet on her progress. She said to let her know, but I don't know if that is just social politeness or she really wanted to know!
Great to kniw Minnie is doing well. Sorry about the shirt. 🤣

Back
Top Bottom