Speaking of which, Minnie has put on 10 ounces in the last 3 weeks since I last weighed her. She was 3 pounds and 3 ounces and now is 3 pounds and 13 ounces, That is an increase of 25% of her body weight!!
She has really been chowing down. :wee
She didn't love being removed from her solo roost to be weighed, and let me know by having copious diarrhea down my shirt :sick
So I guess she isn't quite back to rights but I am feeling good that she can come off my daily worry list.
I think on Monday I will leave a message for the vet on her progress. She said to let her know, but I don't know if that is just social politeness or she really wanted to know!
Wow - that is a GREAT improvement, weight wise! 👍 Evidently the diarrhea isn't impacting her too much (as long as she is still absorbing all the nutrients she needs...i.e. no specific nutrient deficiency due to diarrhea.)

Hmmm...must be your shirt had too much color and she thought it could use a touch more neutral brown tones...:gig:gig

Hoping the Vet is as impressed with her progress as you...and that she isn't too concerned about the diarrhea. 🤔 Can chickens take something equivalent to pepto bismol to help with that? 🤔 :idunno :idunno

Pingu missed bedtime again tonight. She was coming at me in the rain when I went out to say good night to everyone.
This is 2 nights in one week. Not sure what is going on with that girl!
Hope no odd flock dynamics going on keeping her out of the coop....not a good time of year for her to be 'missing bed time' :(

Well that didn't work. I couldn't lean back far enough!:he
Anyway there is a fluffyish butt a bit below and it's standing on my leg!
View attachment 2910336
Awww...as long as you could see the fluffy butt, I guess it will count :)

:love Having a 'bird's eye view' isn't such a bad thing...especially when they help themselves to your lap.:love Besides, this position is muuuch better than being a trip hazard.:D

Olivia is my wanna be house chicken.
This morning I found her up on the windowsill eyeballing me through the glass & trying to break in. 🤣
20211127_074045-jpg.2910308
I love that!!:love

Human, human....
hurump...such dereliction of duty!

HUMAN, do you not see me here?
I demand you do your footman duties and let me in!

Yep I know it's long, I am on 'page' 35 hahaha

It's my night time reading material!
There are great stories, picture, and information in this thread...I love it❣️ Plus the people are wonderfully supportive and positive👩‍❤️‍👨 (but also brutally honest!) While I am reading current 'stuff', I'm also 'plodding along' reading the entire thread...:cafyou will get there...I'm up to a whopping page 1285 (it was in the 5000s when I started.)

They are a bit chatty:duc...hence the slooooowlly getting through the 'old stuff' for me, but it is worth it....don't be daunted:thumbsup

Day 11: A little fuss and a "long" trip

Lilly and Sansa both gave Sydney a little fuss today but nothing real serious. Sydney rolled out earlier today, 9:05, but stuck to her schedule, 30 minutes and then back on the nest.

Here she is puffing and strutting

Today I accidentally enticed her farther from the coop than she has strayed at any time since she started setting. Here you can see she followed the rest of the flock when I went to the house in order to record the coop temperature when she came out.

Of course they all followed me assuming that I would supply snacks. I would have left them disappointed except Sydney was there. I could not let her down. So everyone got Mealy Worms and I even gave Sydney her own on a seperate portion of the deck. That is of course until someone else figured out that she had her own. Guess who it was before you watch.
I didn't 'see' it being Hattie! I assumed Sansa...and would harass Sydney. Hattie was very gentle and lady like about it..though Sydney still moved on quickly :(

Back
Top Bottom