Sleepy Minnie yawned and went back to sleep. It is way too early to be up and about.

5A5E404F-15E9-4C03-B170-8C516A834DE9.jpeg

I am trying to learn who is who in your tribe. Is this Lima or one who doesn't have a name yet? She has a bit more white than I remembered on the un-named one on your lap, but not quite as much as I remembered on Lima.
Join the club. I'm trying to learn who is in the tribe as well. I'm still trying to work out how many tribes there are never mind who is in them.
That is Lima on my leg.

Last edited:
There are great stories, picture, and information in this thread...I love it❣️ Plus the people are wonderfully supportive and positive👩‍❤️‍👨 (but also brutally honest!) While I am reading current 'stuff', I'm also 'plodding along' reading the entire thread...:cafyou will get there...I'm up to a whopping page 1285 (it was in the 5000s when I started.)

They are a bit chatty:duc...hence the slooooowlly getting through the 'old stuff' for me, but it is worth it....don't be daunted:thumbsup
I read through a few when I am up at night and can't sleep. 😆

Enjoying the antics of his chickies.

Speaking of which, Minnie has put on 10 ounces in the last 3 weeks since I last weighed her. She was 3 pounds and 3 ounces and now is 3 pounds and 13 ounces, That is an increase of 25% of her body weight!!
She has really been chowing down. :wee
She didn't love being removed from her solo roost to be weighed, and let me know by having copious diarrhea down my shirt :sick
So I guess she isn't quite back to rights but I am feeling good that she can come off my daily worry list.
I think on Monday I will leave a message for the vet on her progress. She said to let her know, but I don't know if that is just social politeness or she really wanted to know!
Excellent news!

I've got to ask now. What do you use to take such gorgeous pictures? My phone is well, useless and my camera is okay in good light but anything else it just won't cope with.
The hens are gorgeous to.
Pixel 4a (Google Android) is my phone, it's not cheap, I think I paid US$350 new last summer, but it's cheaper now with their newer "6" phones coming out, and used /reconditioned are available. I replied here https://www.backyardchickens.com/th...es-stories-of-our-flock.1286630/post-25146676 it's got a feature the newer ones don't (headphone jack, I only use Bluetooth when necessary) and I really didn't want to spend $800+ on a phone but really did want a better camera. My phones before this were Motorolas in the $60-$160 range. Functioned fine as phones and web browsing but had, as you say across the water, shite cameras for anything other than optimal conditions. Even there I see a difference (it's really the software you're buying). The camera is why I ponied up the additional money: I don't want to carry around both a phone and a digital camera. I looked for the cheapest Pixel with the new camera features and a headphone jack. Also I don't want a big phone.

Tax, same shoot but didn't get the top of her head in the picture. Hazel is an ideal model, maybe a feature of being Sentinel? She stands essentially stock still as she assesses something (me taking out the phone, or maybe Bigfoot was behind me, or a Drop Bear?) :p 😆
PXL_20211125_165749507.NIGHT.jpg

Back
Top Bottom