She is doing really well (of course now that I said that she will.have a soft egg this week).
The shorter days have slowed everyone down, which is fine by me. We didn't need 3+ dozen eggs each week!
Mine didn't lay any eggs early July through early October. Sunday they gave me 8, followed by another 4 on Monday.....I'm glad to be getting eggs again, but Wow! Meanwhile, several people I know around here with chickens are NOT getting any. I think my lot are a bit mixed up.

Me too, I’m so sad for Bob. His heart must be hurting so much right now. 😢

Me too. I feel numb. And very, very sad.

Bob's news put me down big time yesterday. It's so upsetting :(
20211106_153451-jpg.2891472

One of my favorite pictures of them. RIP Legertha and Sylvie! I don't feel numb, I am just sad about it, for them, Bob, Mrs. Bob, and for Phyllis. I wonder where she is roosting now?

Arizona update: she came out of her nest to come visit me and have some feed. Still singing her buk buk buk broody song. Everyone is out running around the yard now. Emily is bloated and her abdomen is swollen, so I must watch her closely. (She did sleep well last night) but I fear that she’s still sick. :confused:

Sylvie is Gone

She out free ranging and I turned my back to do something and a hawk killed her. It was over when I heard it.

I'm telling everyone this so you know. I do not want to hear that it was for the best, or that I should have done X, or anything else. If you respond in that way I will block you. I am beyond devasted and I just don't want to hear I told you so or anything that you think is constructive. Frankly right now I'm ready to give up the chickens all together.

I don't know when I'll be back to the thread. It could be tomorrow, it could be a week.
I am so sorry for your loss, Bob :hugs

Back
Top Bottom